Baked Stuffed Pork Chops with Prosciutto and Cheese. I haven’t made pork chops in a long time. These are boneless center cut pork chops stuffed with prosciutto and cheese, coated in extra virgin olive oil and bread crumbs and baked for 20 minutes. The stuffing inside is what makes these pork chops so good!!
My family doesn’t care for pork chops because they are not that tasty, and need a lot of help to make them tasty.
Since they were craving for my Chicken Rollatini’s; and instead, I had a package of these boneless pork chops in the fridge, I figured why not give them a try.
Just simply cut a deep pocket in each pork chop, but keep the sides in tact.
Then stuff each one with a slice or two of prosciutto and cheese. Coat both sides with olive oil, then with the bread crumb mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
I will say, I used 2 slices of prosciutto in each pork chop. If you buy prosciutto in a package, the slices are very thin and about 6-inches in length and you can stuff each pork chops with 2 slices. If you purchase freshly sliced prosciutto from a deli, which are usually longer (and sometimes thicker) then you will need only 3 slices (one for each chop) and cut them in halves or fold them to fit each pocket.
Also, you can use mozzarella, Havarti, Swiss and even provolone cheese in the stuffing. All work equally well.
Baked Stuffed Pork Chops with Prosciutto and Cheese turned out to be very flavorful. They were crispy on the outside, moist and tender on the inside. Serve them with a side of Garlic Mashed Potatoes, some gravy and a green salad and call it a day. Everyone enjoyed them!
Hope you will try this recipe!!
- 3 boneless center cut Pork Chops (about 1-inch thick)
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- 3 to 6 slices of Swiss cheese, or Havarti or mozzarella
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, and extra
- ⅓ cup of plain bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves - crushed
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Drizzle some olive oil on the bottom of a baking dish. Set aside.
- First, using two breading trays. In one tray, mix bread crumbs, pecorino cheese, dried parsley, minced garlic and ground pepper and salt until well combined.
- In the other tray, pour the olive oil, for dipping. Set both trays aside.
- Take each boneless pork chop, place on a cutting board and using a sharp knife, carefully slice a deep pocket, horizontally almost through, leaving the sides in tact.
- Stuff each pork chop with 2 slices of prosciutto, 1 to 2 slices of Swiss cheese or mozzarella, fold them in half if you need to.
- Then dip each pork chop entirely into the olive oil to coat both sides. Then dip into the bread crumb mixture to coat both sides. It's easier if you use your hands to dip and coat the chops.
- Transfer onto the prepared baking dish or pan.
- Take the remaining olive oil left in the tray and drizzle some on top each pork chop, this will keep them moist while baking.
- Bake, uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove and serve.
- Serves 3
You can PIN it to your Dinner Board !! Thanks for stopping by!!
Thanks for stopping by!
XO Anna and Liz