Best Tiramisu recipe you will ever find, is right here on this site! This happens to be the original recipe given to us from our relatives in Italy. Tiramisu is basically made with layers of luscious cream, coffee soaked cookies and it is served chilled. A classic No Bake Italian dessert, Tiramisu will always WOW your family and friends! You’ll be glad you stopped here for this easy and delicious recipe!
There are so many different versions for Tiramisu recipes on the internet. And for many years, we too made this classic Italian dessert many different ways; but we can honestly tell you, this recipe is by far the Best Tiramisu out there.
Tiramisu dessert is always made with mascarpone cheese (a rich Italian cream cheese) whipped with sugar and egg yolks and then it’s folded with whipped egg whites to create a very light and airy cream. Then the cream is layered over coffee soaked Italian lady finger cookies.
Keep in mind, espresso coffee is one of the ingredients in the recipe, with that being said, if you are sensitive to caffeine, then I suggest using decaffeinated espresso.
Also, to give this classic dessert some texture with every bite, I added in my favorite mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. The mini chocolate chips add an extra crunch and flavor. Adding more chocolate elevates this dessert to a new level in making this the Best Tiramisu Recipe you’ll ever find!
First, you’ll need to brew a pot of espresso coffee and set it aside to cool. Then start making the luscious cream, separating the eggs yolks from the egg whites in different bowls; however you will only need 4 egg whites for this recipe. Next, beat egg yolks with sugar for a few minutes then beat in the mascarpone cheese and set aside.
Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks and gently fold the egg whites into the creamy cheese mixture. This process creates a very light and airy cream for this Tiramisu.
Pour espresso coffee into a small bowl and add in dark brandy. Open a package of Italian lady finger cookies, and dip each cookie into the coffee and layer them at the bottom of the dish.
Cover with 1/2 of the cream mixture and dust on top with cocoa powder and scatter mini chocolate chips. Repeat with the second layer of cookies on top, and then again with the remaining cream. Then top again with cocoa and mini chocolate chips.
It takes about 25 minutes to complete this dessert but well worth it!
I served this Tiramisu to friends and I heard only the ooh’s and ahh’s – it was music to my ears! Tiramisu was such a hit, and insanely addicting – everyone requested a second piece. Thank goodness it makes enough servings for seconds and even thirds!
Now make this recipe! …and tell us, we’d love to hear about it!
You may also want to try other flavors too!
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 (8-ounce) containers mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 4 egg whites
- 1+ ¾ cups espresso coffee, cooled
- 1.5 Tbsp. dark brandy or any liqueur
- 33 crisp Italian lady finger cookies
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 8 x 12 deep dish
- Brew a pot of espresso coffee.
- Pour 1 and ¾ cups of espresso into a bowl and stir in the brandy. Set it aside to cool.
- First, divide all the eggs into separate bowls, you will need 6 yolks, and only 4 egg whites. Reserve the remaining 2 egg whites for a different recipe or use them to make an egg white omelet in the morning.
- Second, beat egg yolks with sugar using an electric mixer and on high speed for 5 minutes, until it turns a light yellow color. Next, add in the mascarpone cheese and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes and then on high speed for 2 minutes, scraping the sides with a spatula until it's creamy and smooth, set it aside. Then rinse and wipe clean the beaters with paper towels.
- In the second bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until they form stiff peaks, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Gently fold stiff egg whites into the creamy cheese mixture, in small batches, until well incorporated. Cream should be light and airy and doubled its volume. Set it aside.
- Dip lady finger cookies one by one into the coffee mixture and lay them flat in your 8 x 12 deep dish. Continue until you make one single layer of cookies on the bottom of the dish. You may need to break one or more cookies to fit and cover the entire bottom of the dish.
- Next, take about ½ the cream mixture and using the spatula to smooth an even layer of cream over the lady fingers, covering the cookies.
- Then scatter some mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and dust on top with cocoa powder.
- Continue to add the second layer lady finger cookies on top of the cream, dipping each one into the coffee. Add the remaining cream on top. Dust again on top with cocoa powder and scatter on top with mini chocolate chips. Here is where you can dust with more cocoa powder on top to your preference.
- Cover with clear wrap and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Yields: 8 to 10 servings