Chewy Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ are simply made in minutes and are distinctively more chewy and chocolaty delicious! These cookies are easily made with 1 egg, 1 stick of butter, 1 cup of light brown sugar, salt, vanilla, unsweetened cocoa, flour and semisweet chocolate chips. Why bother to buy a box when you can make these cookies right in your own kitchen!
I don’t know about you, but I crave for chocolate every day! And it can be anything, from a chocolate bar to a chocolate cookie.
So when I decided to make my normal batch of chewy chocolate chip cookies, I added some unsweetened cocoa powder and viola! I turned my batch of chocolate chip cookie dough into Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookie dough. Then baked them into these amazing chewy-delicious cookies!
What else can I say ? You’ll have to try them and see for yourself!!
Rich, chewy and double chocolaty goodness – bursts with every bite. YUM! So simple and easy to make…
Try this recipe!!
If you’re a newbie on 2SR – click onto our Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies and get our TIP on how to make them SO chewy!!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder ( I used Trader Joe's)
- 1 + ¾ cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 + ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips ( I used Trader Joe's)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In ONE bowl, beat sugars with butter, vanilla and egg. Add salt, baking soda, baking powder and unsweetened cocoa powder and beat for 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add the flour and beat until well combined. Scrape and remove cookie dough off beaters.
- With a large wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips. Cookie dough will be thick, soft and ready for baking.
- Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookies sheets or on parchment paper and space them about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes for smaller cookies, and 10 to 12 minutes for larger size. Cookies will be golden and brown around the edges. Remove from oven and transfer cookies onto a wire rack to cool for a minute more. Then store cookies in a sealed plastic container while they are still warm. They will stay fresh and chewy for days.
- Yields: about 3 dozen
It’s Memorial Weekend and here are some of our faves!
Have a fun and safe Memorial Day Weekend!! and Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz