Creamy Butternut Squash Potato Soup is easy to make, lusciously full of flavor, contains essential vitamins and loaded with antioxidants! Creamy butternut squash potato soup is made with butternut squash, potato, vegetable stock, onion, seasonings and curry powder. So good, our family loves this soup because it’s very light and not overly sweet making this a perfect soup to serve as the first course for any meal, especially on Thanksgiving.
Creamy butternut squash potato soup is a vegan soup you can make ahead of time, which is ideal when entertaining guests for the holidays. It’s happens to be one of our favorite ways use the butternut squash. We like serving this soup with some grated parmigiano cheese on top, to add some more deliciousness to the soup.
The smooth creamy texture leaves you with a warm feeling on any cold Fall day. And with the holiday’s around the corner, it’s and ideal soup to share with family and friends. It’s truly wonderful, take our word for it!
You have to try it! ENJOY!!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion - chopped
- ⅛ tsp. curry powder
- ⅛ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 1 large Idaho potato - chopped
- 1 pound butternut squash - chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Optional: grated Parmesan cheese at the table
- In a medium soup pot, heat oil on medium heat. Add the chopped onion.
- Sauté the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, salt, red pepper and black pepper.
- Add potato and butternut squash.
- Add 3 cups of vegetable broth. Cover with lid.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Allow to cool down. Taste for salt, and season with salt to taste.
- Carefully transfer to a blender or food processor in thirds and place a kitchen cloth over the lid to hold it down while you blend on low speed. This is because when blending hot liquids, the heat may cause the lid to pop off, so please be careful. Transfer liquid back to pot.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Add some grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese on top and serve!
- Serves 4 to 6
We would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! We are so thankful for so many things this year, our families, friends, health, and especially all the warm friendships we’ve made these past few years though our recipe blog. We want to wish everyone a safe, joyful and wonderful holiday tomorrow.
May it be filled with laughter and fun and best of all, with lots of delicious wine and food!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!