Tender, juicy inside with a smoky and crispy crust outside is how these filet mignon turn out. When it comes to grilling meat, my husband does it best! Today I’m excited to show you how easy it is to grill these filet mignons without any fuss.
With easy tips on grilling a perfect filet mignon, and serving them with a side of some delicious vegetables, along with a special bottle of wine to go with it, may just do the trick!
In the meantime, heat your grill to high heat. Place the filet mignons onto the grill. If you close the lid, you will need to lower the heat to medium, or they will burn or cook too quickly.
To all you wonderful fathers out there, we wish you a very Happy Fathers Day!!
Grilled Filet Mignon Wrapped with Bacon
- Filet mignon steaks ( about 4 or 5 ounces each)
- 1 package of smoked bacon
- organic garlic powder
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 stick of salted butter
- thick toothpicks
1. Take each filet mignon and wrap with 1 slice (or 2 slices if needed) of bacon the sides of each filet. Secure with toothpicks.
2. Place the steaks on a dish or platter. Generously season over them with garlic powder, fresh cracked black pepper, and some salt. Then allow the steaks to sit on the counter to warm up to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
3. Heat grill on high heat. Place the filet mignons onto the grill and grill them for about 4 minutes per side. Just before the filets are cooked to medium or medium rare ( depending on preference), add 1/2 tablespoon of salted butter on top of each filet. Allow the butter to melt. Remove the steaks and serve immediately.
Yields: 1 filet mignon per person