Getting tired of just eating leafy green salads? Here’s a refreshing veggies salad for you to try! Green Beans and Carrot Salad – Italian Style as an alternative! Grilling season is here and what better way to serve family and friends something totally different from the usual baked beans and corn as a side dish?
Green Beans and Carrot Salad- Italian Style is easy, fresh and healthy! A simple side dish that is easily made with steamed fresh green beans and tender carrots and tossed with some fresh garlic a simple sweet apple cider vinaigrette. A very tasty and definitely a low-calorie recipe, and one you can enjoy making all year long!
As kids, we hated vegetables, but we had No choice when dinner came around. And Mom had an incredible way of getting the family to eat as many vegetables as possible. Nowadays, we appreciate these dishes and make them for our families as well.
Green Beans and Carrot Salad is a perfect salad to serve as a side dish with any meat or fish entrée. You can try adding or mixing other vegetables to this salad as well, even add more or less vinaigrette to your liking!
It is even better if you chill it over night and allow the cider vinaigrette to marinate the carrots and green beans.
Green Beans and Carrot Salad-Italian Style!
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Vegetable Side Salad
Serves: 8 to 10
Green Beans and Carrot Salad- Italian Style is easy, fresh and healthy! A simple side dish that is easily made with steamed fresh green beans and tender carrots and tossed with some fresh garlic a simple sweet apple cider vinaigrette.
- 2 (16 ounce) bags fresh carrots
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 garlic cloves - diced
- ½ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Peel and cut carrots into a rectangular shape, about 2 inches in length. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt. Add carrots and boil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until they are tender to the bite. Do not over boil them, or you will get mushy carrots.
- Drain, and run them under cold water for about 1 minute to stop the cooking. Set aside and allow them to cool completely.
- Trim off ends of green beans. Rinse under cold water.
- Place green beans in a large pot with ½ inch of water on the bottom. Add some salt and Cover with a lid.
- Bring to boil for 2 to 3 minutes, until they turn a dark green color. Turn off heat, carefully drain most of the water from the pot, and return back to the stove. Cover and steam green beans for 3 to 5 minutes, until they are tender to the bite. Remove, drain completely and cool.
- In a large salad bowl. Add green beans and carrots together. Add garlic, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss and mix until well combined. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference. You may add more apple-cider vinegar to your liking. Serve, or chill for one hour before serving.
- Serves 8 to 10