Grilled Salmon over Chilled Tomato and Arugula Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette. Summer is all about eating light and savory dishes like this Grilled Salmon served Over a Chilled Arugula and Tomato Salad. It’s made with celery, red onion, garlic, fresh arugula and red juicy tomatoes, tossed in a sweet balsamic vinaigrette.
An easy recipe that whips up in only a few minutes, and is perfect as a light lunch or even dinner.
We love salmon, especially when we serve it over an ice cold, super-chilled salad like this one! We used our juicy ripe tomatoes and a handful of fresh arugula, then added some chopped celery, red onion, and garlic. We made a very simple vinaigrette with extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, some fresh basil, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Then chill the salad for awhile before serving, to allow the juices to work its magic.
No need to serve anything else, just some crusty bread and a glass of white wine, and it literally becomes the perfect meal.
The key to this salmon recipe is to allow the salmon to marinate with some lemon juice and olive oil prior to grilling. Then grill the salmon to your preference, rare, medium or well done. Then serve it on top the tomato and arugula salad.
This salad is the secret to giving a lot of flavor to the salmon, making it amazingly delicious with every bite, as it picks up all the flavors from the balsamic vinaigrette on the bottom. It’s so good! We make this salmon dish over and over again. That’s why I had post this recipe today.
Take our word for it, this salmon dish is off the charts! Enjoy!
Grilled Salmon Over Chilled Tomato and Arugula Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 small Salmon Steaks
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 to 3 ripe tomatoes- chopped
- 1 to 2 cups of fresh arugula
- 1 celery stalk – chopped
- 1/4 cup of red onion – chopped
- 1 garlic clove – minced
- 2 Tbsp. of fresh basil – chopped
- pinch of dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Prepare the salmon: Lightly season salmon steaks with salt and pepper. Add lemon juice on top, and drizzle olive oil over them. Set them aside to marinate for about 1/2 hour.
2. In the meantime, in a small bowl , whisk together the garlic, basil, oregano, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a salad bowl, add the chopped tomatoes , celery, red onion and arugula leaves. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, and toss to mix well.
4. Refrigerate the salad for about 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
5. Grill salmon on an outside grill for about 3 to 5 minutes, or to your liking. You may grill salmon inside on a skillet, on stove-top.
6. Transfer the tomato arugula salad onto a serving platter.
Place the grilled salmon on top of the salad, and serve immediately.