Sautéed Chicken Cutlets with Cherry Tomatoes, Olives, Feta and Basil ~ this recipe definitely transforms everyday chicken cutlets into something spectacular! A simple and healthy dish with a Mediterranean flair and amazing flavors that won’t disappoint!
One package of thin skinless chicken cutlets, one pint of cherry tomatoes, some kalamata olives, garlic, fresh basil, and olive oil is all you need to make this chicken into a FABULOUS dish and it’s perfect every time! This is an outstanding chicken dish because the flavors are bold, the colors are vibrant and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
This chicken dish it’s always satisfying and even a little addicting.
We’re always looking for ways to turn a simple package of thin chicken cutlets into something interesting and fabulous for dinner! This happens to be one of them.
The chicken is simply sautéed for a few minutes, then the tomatoes, olives, and garlic are sautéed for about 2 minutes and spooned over the chicken. Next, the dish is topped with crumbled feta cheese and fresh basil. Simple, fresh tasting and delicious! This was a quick and easy skillet dinner, only difference being it offers a very light and refreshing taste to the chicken. It is truly FABULOUS!
NO need to add a lot of seasonings with this recipe, since the key ingredients are the kalamata olives and feta cheese that add enough flavors to make this dish so outstanding! My family really LOVE it!
The Mediterranean diet consists of commonly used ingredients, just as I used in this dish.
With that in mind, I want to share a recent article that was sent to me from a friend of mine about the health benefits of following the Mediterranean diet. Previous studies have shown that this diet which is high in fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts, fish, and olive oil- is believed to be associated with weight loss, lower blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels, and a lower risk of diabetes and heart disease.
You can read more information about the Mediterranean diet in the CBS news article found at http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mediterranean-diet-cuts-risk-of-heart-disease-nearly-in-half/
This recipe from the ‘Old World’ is currently the new now! Think
Mediterranean all the way; a dish presentation of colorful ingredients with a diet
healthy recipe and oh! So delicious in flavor. Remember, everything old can be new
Sautéed Chicken Cutlets with Cherry Tomatoes, Olives, Feta and Basil
- 4 skinless thin chicken cutlets (about 9 ounces)
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 + 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil – divided
- 3 garlic cloves – diced
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes – halved
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives – pitted, rinsed, and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 fresh basil leaves- sliced into long strips
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. crumbled Feta cheese
1. Place the flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle the chicken cutlets lightly with some salt and pepper. Working with 1 cutlet at a time, and dredge chicken in flour, coating both sides evenly. Shake off excess flour.
2. In a large, deep skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil with butter over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and sauté the cutlets for about 3 to 4 minutes per side (depending on thickness of cutlets), or until chicken is golden brown and fully cooked.
3. Remove and transfer cutlets to a nearby serving platter. Place a sheet of foil wrap over them to keep them warm.
4. In the same skillet, reduce heat to low and add in the diced garlic. Stir until garlic softens, about 1 minute. Stir in the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, cherry tomatoes, olives and water. Cook and scrape up any brown bits in the skillet, until the tomatoes softened, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat. Taste, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spoon everything over the chicken cutlets, including all juices. Sprinkle on top with fresh basil and feta cheese. Serve immediately.
Serves 2 to 4