A tasty, Spinach and Parmesan Quiche is loaded with fresh spinach, onions, eggs, Parmesan cheese, shredded mozzarella and half and half; then baked into a frozen pie crust until golden brown. So Yummy! A spinach quiche like this one will make a wonderful addition to your breakfast or brunch table.
After the holidays, vegetable loaded quiches like this one are very easy to make and hard to mess up. Not only are they very practical, the’re convenient and very light to eat, especially when you want lighter meals during weeknights.
This spinach and cheese quiche requires a quick whisk of eggs, half and half and a mixture of spinach and onions; then into a frozen pie crust it goes! If you follow 2SR then you know we love to save time by using frozen pie crusts. We keep these pie crusts in the freezer all year long. They come in handy especially when you need to whip up something quick for dinner, or even a dessert from time to time.
An ideal dish to make for meatless Mondays! This Spinach and Parmesan Quiche is one of the lightest and most delicious quiche I have ever made!
Most recipes for quiches require a few simple ingredients, using 3 eggs or less, some milk and cheeses, depending on the recipe. But the more vegetables you add, the healthier they will be, containing less fat and less calories than ones that are loaded with mostly cheeses.
Honestly, this Spinach and Parmesan Quiche is SO good, you can certainly serve it anytime.
Enjoy and Happy Monday!!
Please PIN it ! … Thanks again!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion-chopped
- 6 to 8 ounce bag fresh spinach, rinsed
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half & half
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 Frozen pie shell,(Do not thaw)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size skillet, heat olive oil and add chopped onion. Sauté onion for about 3 minutes,
- until translucent. Add in the garlic powder, dash of crushed red pepper flakes and fresh spinach. Stir and cook the spinach until it wilts, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs with half and half and salt. Transfer the spinach mixture into the egg mixture and stir together until well combined. Set aside.
- Remove 1 frozen pie shell from package and flip it over, try to loosen the frozen crust by gently pushing off around the rim to remove it from the silver foil dish. Save the foil dish for reheating leftovers another day.
- Place the frozen pie crust directly into your own baking pie dish. Slowly pour the spinach mixture
- into the frozen pie crust.
- Place the pie dish into the oven directly on the center rack, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- The center of quiche should be firm when you shake it and the top and crust should be golden brown.
- Remove and set aside to cool down before serving.
- Yields: 8 to 10 servings