Ever wonder what to do with your very ripe bananas?
The Ultimate Banana Bread is super moist and it’s made with simple ingredients. Delicious cake-like banana bread bursting with flavor, it’s impossible not to have a second serving!
I haven’t made this bread in a while, and since they predicted snow again here in NY, I decided to revive this recipe from our archives and make it for my grandchildren to enjoy while I’m visiting.
Well, I can tell you this, straight out of the oven, as I was slicing, and slicing, everyone kept eating, and eating, heck- I almost didn’t get this photograph, HONEST!
So moist, this banana bread practically melts in your mouth! All you need is a glass of milk or some coffee to go with it. It’s amazing! Simple and wholesome ingredients, delicious for breakfast or as a snack! Add a slice of homemade banana bread into your children’s lunch box as a snack, they will love it too! Better than any junk food.
This recipe makes 3 loaves. You can easily freeze them. I like having homemade breads in the freezer, especially when we have guests staying with us. It’s always nice to be able to have something else on the table, other than eggs, pancakes or yogurt for breakfast.
We look forward to making more homemade breads for you! In the meantime, have a great day!
Here’s a Tip: Ever wonder what to do with your very ripe bananas? Instead of tossing them out, just throw them into your freezer. Peel them and place them into a freezer zip-lock storage bag. When you need a banana for a recipe, just take out what you need, allow the bananas to defrost a little, then add them to your recipes.
You can use them for your favorite ice cream recipes and your favorite smoothies!
The Ultimate Banana Bread - Super Moist!
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Breakfast Bread
Serves: 3 loaves
- ¾ cup butter - at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large very ripe bananas- mashed
- 8 ounce of sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. cinnamon, plus extra for dusting
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. baking soda
- 3+1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease THREE 8 x 3 loaf pans using 1 tablespoon of butter, or spray with cooking oil and dust with some sugar and cinnamon. Set baking pans aside.
- Or, grease TWO 9 x 5 loaf pans, but you will need additional 10 minutes for baking.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter together with a hand mixer or food processor.
- Beat in the eggs until smooth. Add the bananas while beating.
- Then add all the rest of the ingredients.
- Beating on high speed until well combined.
- Pour into the baking loaf pans.
- Sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon on top of each loaf.
- Place the loafs on the middle rack in the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour (or for 9 x 5 pans, bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes) or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool for 8 minutes, remove loaves from pans, cool completely and wrap breads with clear-wrap and refrigerate. They stay fresh all week long. Freeze breads up to 3 months.
- Makes 3 (8 x 3) loaves