Zesty Lemon Shrimp and Mango Salad ~ is made with sweet mango, cooked shrimp, crunchy jicama and yummy avocado then tossed with a zesty lemon vinaigrette with a generous amount of cilantro! This salad is ideal for a warm summer evening. Shrimp and Mango Salad is super healthy, flavorful, packed with protein; and is vegan, gluten free and works perfectly for low-calorie and even low-carb diets.
Summer is about salads! And we adore all kinds of salads, especially seafood ones.
This salad is made easily with already precooked shrimp I purchased at Whole foods in their freezer section. I just diced up a small mango, an avocado and half of a jicama to give this salad some crunch. Next, I combined everything into a mixing bowl, and made my lemon vinaigrette.
Lemons, as you know, are essential to consume all summer long because of their anti-oxidant health benefits. The lemony-cilantro vinaigrette I made here is made simple using fresh lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of sugar, Dijon mustard then added the chopped cilantro, salt and fresh cracked pepper.
The flavors blend very nicely with the sweet mango and avocado, releasing a refreshing taste. And the longer it sits, the better it gets!
I love all the flavors and textures in this shrimp and mango salad. My husband (who is not crazy about mango) really enjoyed the flavor of mango in this salad. He even suggested next time I make it, to add more mango and even more avocado.
Mango along with avocado is a fruit and jicama is in the vegetable family. Surprisingly to me, they all work very well together in this salad. Zesty Lemon Shrimp and Mango Salad is a great salad to enjoy all summer long!
Here’s a tip: Frozen shrimp works really well for this salad and is also a time-savor too! Just thaw the shrimp in a colander by rinsing under cold running water, and allow it to drain well. Make it ahead one day, it marinates even better!
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by! ENJOY!!
Please PIN it!! and SHARE ! …. thanks again!
- 1 pound of frozen precooked shrimp - thawed, rinsed, drained
- 1 small red mango or ½ of medium size - peeled and cut into ¼-inch dice
- ½ of a small jicama, peeled and cut into ¼-inch dice
- 1 small avocado - peeled and cut into ¼-inch dice
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- ⅓ cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Allow shrimp to thaw in a colander in your kitchen sink, or on the counter with a plate underneath it, about 15 minutes or so. Rinse under cold running water for about 1 minute. Remove and discard any shells on the tails. Allow the shrimp to drain well for a few minutes.
- Meantime, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, sugar, Dijon mustard, salt and fresh cracked pepper in a small mixing bowl or in a measuring glass. Set it aside to marinate for a few minutes.
- Place shrimp into a stainless steel mixing bowl, and add the diced mango, jicama, avocado and cilantro. Pour in the lemon vinaigrette to the shrimp mixture and toss to combine. Chill for least 30 minutes before serving. Best served chilled.
- Serves 4 to 6