Dried Dates Filled with Mascarpone and Walnuts. California or Turkish dates stuffed with mascarpone cheese and walnuts are topped with cocoa powder and orange rind. A no-bake, simple and easy bite-size treat, these dried dates stuffed with cheese and nuts will offer a quick and delicous snack when you need one!
Stuffed with only 2 ingredients, these medjool dates filled with mascarpone and walnuts are great to serve at gatherings, and will be a hit every time you serve them.
They offer a wonderful complex of flavors, creamy and crunchy texture, bitter chocolate and a touch of citrus. So yummy, you can’t eat just one!
Made with only 5 ingredients: mascarpone cheese, walnuts, medjool dried dates, unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa and an orange, you can whip up these bite-size healthy treats in minutes! Luckly, I have most of these ingredients on hand because these are commonly used in most Italian desserts.
My family loves eating dried dates. They are packed with IRON, and are naturally delicious. Plus, they are are loaded with an impressive list of essential vitamins and minerals. You can enjoy them alone as a snack, or turn them into these little bite-size treats!
Sometimes I’ll prepare these dates in advance and refridgerate them so we will have something sweet to serve after dinner.
Medjool dates can be found in your dried fruits and nuts sections in most supermarkets, or here on Amazon.
You can refrigerate these dates up to 3 days. Serve them as little snacks, or dessert or even as appetizers. Perfect to bring to any pot-luck party, picnic or BBQ.
Everyone seems to enjoy them every time we serve these little cuties. Best served chilled!
The first time we ever had these stuffed dates is when our dear friend Olivia made them for us at a luncheon, and she was so kind enough to share her recipe with us.
A healthy treat or snack, try these dates filled with mascarpone and walnuts – they won’t disappoint!
Don’t forget to PIN and SHARE!! Thanks again…
- 1 package of dried dates (16 oz)
- 1 container of mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup walnuts
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder ( special dark chocolate, unsweetened)
- 1 orange rind - thinly sliced
- Carefully slice each DATE half way through.
- Remove and discard the pit in each one.
- Take a small zip-lock bag, use your scissors to cut a tiny hole in one corner of the bag.
- Add a small amount of mascarpone cheese into the bag. Twist the upper part of zip lock bag closed. Lightly squeeze some mascarpone cheese into each date.
- Add a walnut in the center of each one. Pinch each one to close a little. Sprinkle lightly with cocoa powder over the tops.
- Add a small slice of orange rind to each date.
- Refrigerate before serving. Refridgerate up to 3 days.