Easy Whole Wheat Chewy Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookies. There’s nothing better than a warm chewy chocolate-y chip cookie! These Chewy Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookies are very easy to make, super moist and chewy and rich in chocolate flavor! So good, you won’t be able to eat just one!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookies happens to be old family recipe. We have been making these cookies for many years, only this time – we decided to make them with whole wheat flour. Surprisingly, no one could tell the difference in flavor or texture even though the flours were switched!
The rich chocolate flavor is still awesome and same chewy texture is still there, making these chocolate chip cookies a little healthier! The whole family will love them!
We believe the secret ingredient in these amazing chocolate chip cookies is the espresso coffee.
You don’t actually taste the coffee in the cookie, it’s only added to enhance the chocolate flavor in the chocolate chips, giving a punch more chocolate to the cookie.
And don’t worry, if you don’t have any espresso coffee, you can substitute with 1 teaspoon of instant espresso coffee mixed with 1/4 cup of warm water, or use 2 teaspoons of regular instant coffee (without water).
No need to refrigerate the dough either, you only need 5 minutes to whip up a batch, pop them in the oven and bake for 10 minutes! Another simple cookie that bakes in no time!
For a chewy cookie, always bake them 2 minutes under the required time. Then store them in an air tight container to keep them soft and chewy longer.
Oh and don’t forget to have cold milk or coffee nearby! Enjoy!
TIP: The dough will be soft and ready for baking.
Yields: 3 dozen cookies
EASY Whole Wheat Chewy Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookies
Recipe type: Cookies / Snack
Serves: 3 dozen
Easy Whole Wheat Chewy Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookies. These Chewy Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookies are very easy to make, super moist and chewy and rich in chocolate flavor! So good, you won't be able to eat just one!
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)- softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 shot of espresso (2-ounces), at room temperature
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 + ¾ cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1+ ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup of chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat sugars with butter, vanilla, egg and room temperature espresso coffee.
- Beat in dry ingredients and gradually add the flour.
- With a spoon, stir in the chocolate chips. The dough will be soft and ready for baking.
- Using a teaspoon, drop cookie dough onto baking sheets. For larger cookies, drop by tablespoons and flatten the cookie dough a little with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until light brown.
- For larger cookies, bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- yields: 3 dozen
To keep cookies chewy and moist for days, place cookies in a zip lock bag or sealed container and store at room temperature.