Grilled Filet Mignon Wrapped with Bacon ~ Why not skip the Steakhouse this time and try these Filet Mignon steaks wrapped with bacon! Easy, delicious and grilled in minutes for perfection!
Tender, juicy inside with a smoky and crispy crust outside is how these filet mignons turn out. When it comes to grilling meat, my husband does it best! Today I’m excited to show you how easy it is to grill these filet mignons without any fuss.
OK, I think I might have a solution for your Father’s Day gift idea. Well maybe. Instead of buying another shirt or gift card, how about impressing him with grilling a special dinner?
With easy tips on grilling a perfect filet mignon, and serving them with a side of some delicious vegetables, along with a special bottle of wine to go with it, may just do the trick!
All you will need is to buy a package of filet mignon at your local supermarket or at your butcher shop and a package of smoked bacon. One filet mignon per person should be enough, and they should weigh approximately about 4 or 5 ounces each.
The steaks should also be approximately 1-inch and half, to 2-inches thick.
First, take one slice of bacon (or 2 if needed) and wrap each one, and secure them with toothpicks (as shown in the photo).
Place the steaks on a dish or platter and generously season over them with garlic powder, fresh cracked black pepper, and some salt. Then allow the steaks to sit on the counter to warm up to room temperature, about 10 to 15 minutes.
In the meantime, start to heat up your grill, and on high heat. Spray the grill with olive oil spray. When the grill is ready and hot, transfer and place the filet mignons onto the grill.
If you decide to close the lid, you will need to lower the heat to medium, or they will burn or cook too quickly.
Next, grill the steaks for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, depending how you prefer them. Just before you take them off the grill (about 1 to 2 minutes before they are ready) add a slice of butter (about 1/2 tablespoon) on top of each steak.
When the butter is completely melted, remove and serve!
Serve these with any of our vegetable sides such as Easy Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Easy Sauteed Broccolini with Garlic. Oh, and don’t forget the wine! A Cabernet or Sauvignon would be great to serve with filet mignon.
To all you wonderful fathers out there, we wish you a very Happy Fathers Day!!
Grilled Filet Mignon Wrapped with Bacon
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: 4 to 5
Tender, juicy inside with a smoky and crispy crust outside, these grilled filet mignon wrapped with bacon make a fast and easy delicious dinner in no time!
- 4 to 5 Filet mignon steaks ( about 4 or 5 ounces each) 1.5 -inches thick
- 1 package of smoked bacon
- organic garlic powder
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 stick of salted butter
- thick toothpicks
- Take each filet mignon and wrap with 1 slice (or 2 slices if needed) of bacon the sides of each filet. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place the steaks on a dish or platter. Generously season over them with garlic powder, fresh cracked black pepper, and some salt. Then allow the steaks to sit on the counter to warm up to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Heat grill on high heat. Place the filet mignons onto the grill and grill them for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending on rare, medium or well.
- Add ½ tablespoon of salted butter on top of each filet. Allow the butter to melt. Remove the steaks and serve immediately.
- Yields: 1 filet mignon per person