Salmon Piccata is easily made with onions, garlic, capers, and kalamata olives in a buttery lemon and wine sauce. This salmon piccata with lemon and wine sauce is big on flavor and perfect for those busy weeknight meals.
Piccata sauce is usually made with some basics such as butter, lemon, and white wine. Then it’s simmered together to create an amazing velvety sauce.
And, sometimes more ingredients are added to give the dish more savory flavors, such as capers, kalamata olives, and even chicken stock. These additional ingredients offer a lot of flavor to the sauce, making this salmon piccata taste mouthwatering and out-of-this-world!
It’s so good, you won’t believe your eating salmon. Even my husband who is not fond of salmon actually enjoyed it!
Your family and friends will enjoy this Salmon Piccata with Lemon and Wine Sauce.
This is a tasty salmon dish to make. The capers along with some chicken stock and clam juice will give enough sodium to the sauce. So you won’t need to add too much salt.
If you don’t have any clam juice? Don’t worry, leaving it out is OK too. Chicken stock will do just fine!
And, I always taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings if I need to before I serve.
Ingredients for Salmon Piccata with Lemon and Wine Sauce:
2 small Salmon steaks
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. butter
1 medium yellow onion – thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves – chopped
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
3 tsp. capers
1/2 small juice of Lemon
1/4 cup of white wine
2 Tbsp. All-Natural clam juice
1/4 cup All-Natural chicken stock
1/4 cup calamata black olives – cut in half (about 10 olives)
fresh ground pepper to taste
Do you LOVE Salmon? Then try these!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 small Salmon steaks
- dash of ground paprika
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium yellow onion - thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves - chopped
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tsp. capers
- 1/2 small juice of Lemon
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 2 Tbsp. All-Natural clam juice
- 1/4 cup All-Natural chicken stock
- 1/4 cup calamata black olives - cut in half (about 10 olives)
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Lightly sprinkle salmon steaks with ground paprika and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet and one that can be placed into the oven.
- On medium heat, melt 2 Tbsp. butter with olive oil. Add onions, garlic, and red pepper flakes and sauté for a few minutes, until they are translucent about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the salmon and simmer salmon for 2 to 5 minutes. Then add the wine, clam juice, and chicken stock.
- Transfer the skillet into the oven to broil for 2 minutes, or until you brown the tops of the salmon.
- Carefully remove skillet from oven.
- Then remove salmon and transfer to a serving platter. Pour the remaining sauce over the salmons. Top with lemon juice, capers, and black olives and serve.
- Serves 2