Quinoa Tabbouleh is made with fresh tomato basil cucumber and quinoa and it is a delicious salad! Whether you’re entertaining a big soiree or your immediate family, the barbecue often becomes the focal point of our outdoor meals. These days we crave salads that are packed with fresh ingredients, healthy goodness, and most of all, lots of flavors!
We love Tabbouleh, (also spelled as Tabouli) which is traditionally made with bulgur wheat, parsley, and tomatoes.
But here we have made it with quinoa instead and added some additional fresh herbs and even fresh chopped cucumbers.
This quinoa tabbouleh salad is loaded with freshly diced cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, garlic, basil, mint, and quinoa.
A refreshing taste in every bite! This salad is SO good, you’ll go back for more.
Best of all, it is tossed with a lemon vinaigrette that gives it that amazing fresh and tangy taste.
Very light and full of flavor, this Tabbouleh Salad is simple to make and offers a vibrant side dish that will compliment your table!
As you know, quinoa is a gluten-free super grain and we love to incorporate it into our salads and even into our main dishes all year long.
Gluten-free is no longer a “food-fad” – it’s become a lifestyle change!
I have to tell you it turned out fantastic and totally delicious!
More Tasty Quinoa Salads! …try these additional recipes:
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 + 1/2 cups water
- 1 + 1/4 cups quinoa, pre-washed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, about 2 lemons
- 20 cherry tomatoes (about 1/2 pint)- diced
- 1 English cucumber - diced
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa with water in a 1.5 quarts saucepan. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside for additional 10 minutes, while covered. Stir with a fork to fluff.
- Transfer quinoa to a large serving bowl.
- In a small measuring cup, stir the olive oil and lemon juice together.
- Pour over the quinoa. Add all the rest of the ingredients, and mix until well combined. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside and allow the salad to cool. Then, cover the bowl with clear wrap and refrigerate for about 1 to 2 hours before serving. Toss again just before serving. Serve chilled.
- Serves: 6 to 8