Tomato, Basil, Cucumber, Quinoa Tabbouleh. Whether your entertaining a big soiree or your immediate family, the barbecue often becomes the focal point of our outdoor meals. These days we crave for salads that are packed with fresh ingredients, healthy goodness and most of all, lots of flavor!
We love Tabbouleh, (also spelled as Tabouli) which is traditionally made with bulgur wheat, parsley and tomatoes. But here we have made it with quinoa instead and add some additional fresh herbs and even cucumbers.
This Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad is loaded with freshly diced cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, garlic, basil, mint and quinoa.
SO good! Best of all, it is tossed with a lemon vinaigrette that gives it that fresh taste! We have to tell you it turned out fantastic and most delicious!
Very light and full of flavor, this Tabbouleh Salad is simple to make and offers a vibrant side dish that will compliment your table!
As you know, quinoa is a gluten-free super grain and we love to incorporate it into our salads and even into our main dishes all year long.
Gluten-free is no longer a “food-fad” – it’s become a lifestyle change!
Love Quinoa Salads? Then try these additional Quinoa Salads:
Hello friends! If you make any of these delicious salads, leave a comment on the bottom of this page. We’d love to see what you cook!
Also, you can snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram #2sistersrecipes, or on Pinterest. Don’t forget to sign into our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post!
Have a great day!
And thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz
Tomato, Basil, Cucumber, Quinoa Tabbouleh
Recipe type: Side Dish / Salad
Serves: 6 to 8
Tomato, Basil, Cucumber, Quinoa Tabbouleh is a delicious chilled salad made with fresh ingredients and quinoa and tossed with a lemony vinaigrette for that fresh taste! Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad is a perfect dish to serve all summer long!
- 2 + ½ cups water
- 1 + ¼ cups quinoa, pre-washed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, about 2 lemons
- 20 cherry tomatoes (about ½ pint)- diced
- 1 English cucumber - diced
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- ¾ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa with water in a 1.5 quarts saucepan. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside for additional 10 minutes, while covered. Stir with a fork to fluff.
- Transfer quinoa to a large serving bowl.
- In a small measuring cup, stir the olive oil and lemon juice together.
- Pour over the quinoa. Add all the rest of the ingredients, and mix until well combined. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside and allow the salad to cool. Then, cover bowl with clear wrap and refrigerate for about 1 to 2 hours before serving. Toss again just before serving. Serve chilled.
- Serves: 6 to 8