Try our Red White and Blue-berry Parfait! It’s a simple dessert featuring bright patriotic colors and just in time for our July 4th weekend! Our parfait is made with fresh strawberries marinated in a citrus sauce, topped with fresh blueberries, and with layers of whipped cream in between! A fun and easy dessert to make and one your family and friends will love.
Red White and Blueberry Parfait is a healthy dessert that can be made in a matter of minutes. Here I used fresh strawberries and blueberries but you can make this sweet parfait with raspberries and even blackberries. Have fun with it!
A few weeks ago, we posted our recipe for fresh strawberries in citrus sauce and thought we could post another dessert that is equally pretty, elegant, and delicious!
Since everyone is planning family gatherings this Fourth of July weekend, we wanted to offer a dessert that was a triple treat and completely “effortless” to make.
The perfect dessert to take with you on picnics and gatherings!
Red, White and Blue-Berry Parfait can be easily packed in two easy steps; keeping the fruit in separate containers and packing a can of whipped cream to take with you. Just keep the containers in your cooler until you are ready to assemble them.
Then add in the whipped cream at the very last minute. This way the whipped cream will stay fresh and be cold, not warm. Also, this dessert makes for an easy clean up when served in any clear paper or plastic cups.
We are planning a day with friends and family by the pool to keep cool. Tell us what your plans are today? Are you planning for a relaxing day, maybe a family barbecue, or possibly getting the chance to finish that great book you started?
Whatever your plans are, make it a memorable one! Happy 4th of July everyone!
God Bless America!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 package (16 oz) fresh strawberries
- 1 pint fresh blueberries - rinsed
- 1/2 lemon -juiced
- 1/2 orange - juiced
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 can of Real Whipped Cream
- Rinse. clean and chop strawberries. Place them into a bowl.
- Add the sugar, lemon, and orange juice to the strawberries, mix, and set aside.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 15 to 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, layer your tall fluted glasses with strawberry mixture, topped with some whipped cream, then a layer of blueberries, and top again with whipped cream.
- Garnish with blueberry or two on top.
- Makes 4 to 6 Parfaits