Kale Apple Banana Smoothie. If you add raw kale to a blender with some ice-cold water, a sweet apple, along with a banana (preferably frozen) it blends into this refreshing light green color smoothie, with a delicious sweet taste!
Lately, there have been many discussions all over the media, including the Internet about the health benefits of this leafy green vegetable called Kale!
Benefits to Eating Kale…
- Did you know that Kale’s health benefits are primarily linked to the HIGH concentration and excellent source of antioxidant vitamins A, C, and K; all the vitamins your body needs to fight free-radicals.
- Kale also contains sulfur-containing phytonutrients (I had to look this one up) which are health-promoting properties including antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and liver-health-promoting activities.
- In addition, 1 cup of chopped, raw kale = 33 calories; 1g fat; 0mg cholesterol; 25mg sodium; 329mg potassium; 6g carbs.
This brings me to why I had to try this Kale “thing” everyone was talking about, and I thought it would be a good idea to try it in a smoothie first.
Well, it was AMAZING! And I am loving it for the first time, it’s absolutely a keeper in my book.
I bought kale for the first time at the fresh market the other day; a light green colored kale, (not the dark one) with its leafy greens that were soft to the touch.
The woman behind the stand recommended that I use raw Kale in my smoothies, to gain all the health benefits from eating raw vegetables.
With that said, I decided to add in my favorite fruits, such as sliced apples and bananas. I love Fuji apples and think they are the sweetest tasting apples.
Plus tossing in a frozen banana as well is how I made this quick smoothie for myself.
I am always on the run in the mornings, and this smoothie helped me to get out the door feeling clean and satisfied for hours. Personally, I think it should be called the Healthy Kale Smoothie! 🙂
Anyway, have a great day everyone!
Additional recipes for smoothies…
- Kale Strawberry Pineapple Protein Smoothie
- The Green Drink Spinach Smoothie
- The Hummingbird Smoothie
- Mixed Berry Protein Smoothie
- 1 small Fuji Apple -peeled, cored
- 1 medium Banana
- 1 handful of fresh Kale -washed, stems removed
- 1+1/2 cups cold spring water
- ice cubes
- Blend all the ingredients in the blender on high speed and pour into a tall glass and serve.
- Serves 1
…Thanks for Pinning!
Hello friends! If you make our Kale, Apple, Banana Smoothie, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating below! Sharing your experience and insights will not only help those who read them but will help us too!
You may snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram, and tag us @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest. We’d love to see what you cook and share your photos with the world! 🙂
Plus, NEVER MISS our Recipes! …enter your email in our ” SUBSCRIBE BOX” and get them FREE every time we post a new recipe and reminders of some great older ones too!
Thanks for stopping by!
Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!