Our sweet-tasting Beet Spinach Protein Smoothie is made with fresh spinach, blueberries, pineapple, banana, frozen cooked beets, water, and high protein powder to start your day! With no sugars added, it’s dairy-free, vegan, and loaded with 28 grams of protein! Perfect for your morning breakfast or after your daily workout routine.
Keeping ourselves and loved ones healthy is our goal these days!
So listen up!
First, with this healthy smoothie, you should know:
it fights cravings
makes you feel fuller longer
it’s loaded with vitamins
loaded with nutrients from veggies and real fruit
it’s high in protein
and totally delicious tasting!
Second, you will not taste the beets in this smoothie, what-so-ever! It has delicious sweet flavors.
Trust me on this one!
For this recipe, it’s best to use pre-cooked beets and frozen. There are two easy ways for this:
1. Boil or roast your beets beforehand, peel, chop into chunks and place them into a zip-lock bag and freeze them.
2. Or you can buy frozen pre-cooked beets in the freezer section at your local supermarket. They are already cooked and chopped for you.
Then toss everything into a blender and puree!
It’s a good idea to keep most of the ingredients already chopped, stored in zip-locked bags, and tossed into the freezer. This way, it’s less stressful and easier for anyone to make a smoothie when you want one.
Nowadays, young adults and even kids don’t eat enough healthy meals or snacks.
They’re always looking to grab some unhealthy snacks or junk food to eat.
So making smoothies are not only refreshing, sweet-tasting, and healthy, but well worth the effort!
If you plan to make this smoothie for the kids, just omit the protein powder.
WHY USE BEETS?
1. Beets are low in calories and high in nutrients!
2. Great source of fiber, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C.
3. Plus they contain numerous health benefits, including improved blood flow, lower blood pressure, and fights inflammation.
4. A win-win for everyone!
WHICH PROTEIN POWDER TO USE?
We are currently using this Garden of Life Protein Powder with our smoothie. (And no this is not a paid post (although I wish it was).
You can find it at Whole Foods, but it costs less on Amazon.
We have a friend who was told by a renowned nutritionist that this was the best protein powder on the market. It’s not only high in protein but is loaded with tons of vitamins too.
Why We LOVE Beet Spinach Protein Smoothie!
High in Nutrients, loaded with vitamins and minerals.
Help Keep Blood Pressure in Check.
Can Improve Athletic Performance.
Helps Fight Inflammation.
Improve Digestive Health.
Contain Anti-Cancer Properties.
And it May Help You Lose Weight.
Only 433 Calories per serving.
Finally, if you venture out to try more healthy smoothies, you might enjoy these:
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 2 cups packed of fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 3 chunks of frozen pineapple
- 1/2 of a banana
- 4 to 5 chunks of pre-cooked beets (1 small beet )-preferably frozen
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients ( except for the ice cubes) into a blender. Blend and puree until smooth.
- Toss in the ice cubes to make it ice cold and make it thicker.
- Pour into a tall glass, or divided it into 2 glasses.
- Serve immediately.
- yields: 1 to 2 servings.
Serving Size:1 to 2 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433
...Thanks for Pinning!