How to Make Healthy Spinach Smoothie? A Healthy Spinach Smoothie Recipe is completely non-dairy, gluten-free, vegan, and made with 3 vitamin-rich ingredients. Green smoothies are loaded with fiber, calcium, and vitamins A, C, and K, as well as powerful phytochemicals. Our healthy spinach smoothie recipe is a great way to get extra rich vitamins into your day.
This Smoothie Recipe…
I came up with this smoothie because my energy levels were low and I was feeling a bit rundown. I knew that fresh produce blended together would give me a quick boost of vitamins and minerals.
Also, I had a house full of people, several family and friends were visiting at the time and I was running out of things to make for breakfast!
That’s when I took out the blender and decided to try something new.
A recipe like this is so easy to do, whether you are trying to boost your energy or maybe trying to trim down your weight, this all-natural smoothie will give you that much-needed pick-me-up.
The greener in color, the smoothie or juice, the better. Your picky eaters will find this healthy smoothie sweet and light, just like our kale apple banana smoothie, and healthier orange creamsicle smoothie, just to name a few.
The mixing of pineapple, spinach, and banana gives it just the right balance of flavor. It’s delicious tasting!
Kid-friendly too! You can serve this smoothie to your kids before or after school, giving them a natural and refreshing vitamin boost.
How To Make a Healthy Spinach Smoothie?
Basically, it is a quick blend in a blender with a few frozen or chilled ingredients.
Ingredients Needed for our Healthy Spinach Smoothie Recipe…
There are only 4 ingredients to this simple, refreshing smoothie.
- Bananas are loaded with nutrients that are beneficial for everyone. Besides being loaded with fiber and potassium, they help control high blood pressure, boost energy and increase stamina, and improve gut health and digestion.
2. FRESH BABY SPINACH:
- Baby spinach is considered a super-food and it is rich in vitamin K and magnesium, two very important nutrients for bone health and bone density.
3. FRESH PINEAPPLE:
- Pineapple contains large amounts of vitamin C, including your daily value of vitamin B6, copper, folate, potassium, magnesium, and iron.
4. BOTTLED WATER:
- Purified water or filtered water is better than tap water.
QUESTIONS and ANSWERS…
Can we taste the spinach?
No, the spinach is completely hidden. It is sweet and delicious tasting.
Can we make additional servings?
You can easily double, or triple this recipe for more servings.
What kind of blender do we need?
Can we use frozen chopped spinach vs fresh spinach?
It’s best to use “fresh and organic spinach” in smoothies. Frozen chopped spinach (like BirdsEye boxes) contains too much water and will alter the taste and flavor in smoothies.
How many calories are in one glass?
One 8-ounce glass is only 158 calories.
Notes and Quick Tips…
- It’s best to “freeze” all the fruit, including the package of fresh baby spinach and keep them in ziplock bags, or sealed containers and in your freezer.
- Add some ice cubes to make it thicker. If too thick? … just add some additional water.
- Consume the smoothie right after preparing.
- Use the smoothie to make homemade ice pops in your freezer.
Options for Serving…
- Halloween is just a few weeks away, and you can make this drink for your Halloween party and label it “spooky slime” on your buffet table or bar.
- It’s also a great “green” treat for St. Patrick’s Day.
- If you want to make this smoothie more creamy, add some avocado and almond milk.
- For additional calcium? Add plain or vanilla yogurt to keep you feeling fuller longer.
Don’t forget to save and PIN!
Additional Recipes for Healthy Smoothies…
- Kale Strawberry Pineapple Protein Smoothie
- Healthier Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- The Green Drink Spinach Smoothie
- The Hummingbird Smoothie
- Kale Apple Banana Smoothie
- Mixed Berry Protein Smoothie
Looking for more ideas for spinach? …try these:
- Spinach and Kale Bites
- Sauteed Spinach with Tomatoes
- Spinach Parmesan Rice Casserole
- Spinach and Cheese Squares
- 1/2 of a medium-sized banana
- 4 to 5 cubes (or chunks) of fresh pineapple
- 2 handfuls of frozen baby spinach
- 8 ounces of cold water
- Optional: a few ice cubes to make it thicker.
1. Pour the water into the blender.
2. Add the half of banana, baby spinach, and pineapple chunks.
3. Blend on low speed for about 1 minute, then increase the speed to puree into a smooth mixture.
4. Pour into a serving glass or two glasses and serve immediately,
Yields: 1 to 2 servings
Yield:1 to 2 servings
Serving Size:1 glass
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: .07gFiber: 5.8gSugar: 23.gProtein: 4.1g
That’s it friends! If you try our healthy spinach smoothie recipe, let us know and leave a comment. We’d love to hear from you! It helps everyone who reads them, and it helps us too.
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post a new recipe, and reminders of great older ones too!
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Smoothing! 🙂
xo anna and liz