Are you looking for new ways to make spinach taste amazing? Sauteed Spinach with Tomatoes is a simple way to make a delicious side dish with only 4 ingredients, not counting salt and pepper, and it’s ready to serve in minutes! It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and high in nutrients! A healthy side dish, and a family favorite that will compliment any meat, poultry, or seafood.
These days everyone incorporates fresh baby spinach into smoothies, cold spinach dips, and salads, and rarely makes it into a side dish anymore; at least I think so.
We love sauteing fresh spinach and we make it often. Even our spinach with garlic and olive oil is still one of our favorites!
Sauteed spinach with tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil is my husband’s recipe. It’s quick and easy to make, and his spinach dish always turns out sensational!
No need to embellish with extra ingredients or weigh it down with creams or cheese.
Keep in mind, that spinach wilts when cooked and will practically shrink to nothing when it’s sauteed. So you may need to buy a bunch of spinach depending on how many servings you will need.
How to Make Sauteed Spinach with Tomatoes?
1. In a medium-size skillet, heat olive oil and add garlic. Simmer on low heat for a few minutes, stirring until the garlic is translucent, about 2 minutes.
2. Toss in the diced tomato and saute for a few minutes, until tomatoes soften. Season with a little salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Toss in the baby spinach, and cover with a lid. Simmer on low flame for about 2 to 4 minutes. Stirring occasionally the spinach to infuse all the flavors together. Spinach will be done as soon as it wilts.
4. Taste, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate and serve.
Sauteed Spinach with Tomatoes is a beautiful recipe and will become a favorite side dish! It is simple and positively delicious!
Go ahead and Pin this one! … and thanks for sharing!
More Tasty Recipes for Spinach! Try these:
- Spinach and Kale Bites
- Spinach and Cheese Squares
- Sauteed Spinach with Garlic-Ginger & Peppers.
- Carrot and Spinach Dip
- Spinach and Parmesan Quiche
- Easy Kale and Spinach Pesto Sauce
- Baked Artichoke and Spinach Dip
- Lentil Spinach Soup
- Healthy Spinach Smoothie Recipe
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 13 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves -sliced
- 1 ripe tomato- diced
- 10-ounce (up to 16-ounce) fresh baby organic spinach
- salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- In a medium-size skillet, heat olive oil and add the garlic. Simmer on low heat for a few minutes, stirring until the garlic is translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the diced tomato and saute for a few minutes, until it softens. Season with a little salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss in the baby spinach, and cover with a lid. Simmer for a few minutes. Remove cover and stir the spinach to infuse all the flavors together. Spinach will be done as soon as it wilts.
- Taste, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat and transfer to a serving plate and serve.
- Serves 2 to 4
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84Total Fat: 7.1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 4.1gFiber: 2gSugar: 0.6gProtein: 2g