Easy Sauteed Broccolini is quickly made with extra-virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, crushed red pepper, and vegetable broth until they are tender to the bite. A healthy green vegetable to serve with any entree, this easy sauteed broccolini is crunchy, delicious and goes great with poultry, meat or seafood!
Broccolini is also known as baby broccoli. They can be found in most supermarkets in the produce section and they come in small bunches.
Broccolini is a perfect vegetable to serve as a side dish, or you can eat it alone with some crusty bread. Whether you steam, sauté or roast broccoli, they cook up in a matter of minutes!
Best of all, no need for any prep-work at all. They only require a good rinse in cold water and they’re ready to sauté. We love that!
Broccolini is a cross between broccoli and Chinese broccoli, with smaller florets and longer stems. It has a similar appearance to the broccoli rabe, but they’re not bitter like the rabe. They are sweeter in taste, which is ideal if you are cooking this broccoli for the kids.
Nowadays, broccolini are considered to be among the “super-food” greens, a vegetable that is rich in Vitamins C, A, iron and folate. A healthy vegetable to serve your family often! Our family loves this dish, we hope you will too!
EASY Sautéed Broccolini
2 bunches Broccolini, ends slightly cut off
4 large garlic cloves, sliced
3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
Optional: 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. sea salt
fresh black pepper to taste
EASY Sauteed Broccolini
Recipe type: Vegetable Side Dish
Easy Sauteed Broccolini is quickly made with extra-virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, crushed red pepper, and vegetable broth until they are tender to the bite. Easy, delicious and healthy side dish for any entree!
- 2 bunches Broccolini, ends slightly cut off
- 4 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- Optional: ⅛ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- fresh black pepper to taste
- Rinse broccolini in cold water, drain and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, and on medium heat, heat olive oil. Add garlic, crushed red pepper (optional), and sauté until garlic turns golden, about 1 minute.
- Immediately add the broccolini, sauté for one minute. Add the broth and cover with a lid for about 3 to 5 minutes, turning once. When the broth is mostly absorbed, turn off the heat, add salt & pepper to taste and serve. Broccolini should be tender and lightly crunchy.
- Serves 4