A tasty, Spinach and Parmesan Quiche is loaded with fresh spinach, onions, eggs, Parmesan cheese, shredded mozzarella, and a half and half, then baked into a frozen pie crust until golden brown. So Yummy! A spinach quiche like this one will make a wonderful addition to your breakfast or brunch table.
Quiches loaded with vegetables like this one are very easy to make and hard to mess up.
Not only are they very practical, but they’re also convenient and very light to eat, especially when you want lighter meals during weeknights.
This spinach and cheese quiche requires a quick whisk of eggs, half and half, and a mixture of spinach and onions; then into a frozen pie crust, it goes!
If you have been following 2SR, then you know we love to save time by using frozen pie crusts. We keep these pie crusts in the freezer all year long.
They come in handy especially when you need to whip up something quick for dinner, or even a dessert from time to time.
An ideal dish to make for the meatless weeknights! This Spinach and Parmesan Quiche is one of the lightest and most delicious quiches I have ever made!
Most recipes for quiches require a few simple ingredients, using 3 eggs or less, some cream and cheeses, depending on the recipe.
But the more vegetables you add, the healthier they will be, containing less fat and fewer calories than ones that are loaded with most cheeses.
Honestly, this Spinach and Parmesan Quiche is SO good, you can certainly serve it anytime.
Enjoy and Have a great day!
Please PIN it to your Brunch or Breakfast Board!
More Tasty Recipes!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 6 to 8-ounce bag fresh spinach, rinsed
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half & half
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 Frozen pie shell,(Do not thaw)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180 degrees C).
- In a medium-size skillet, heat olive oil and add chopped onion. Sauté onion for about 3 to 4 minutes, until translucent and softened. Add in the garlic powder, dash of crushed red pepper flakes, and fresh spinach.
- Stir and cook the spinach until it wilts, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs with half and half, Parmesan cheese and salt. Transfer the spinach mixture into the egg mixture and stir in shredded mozzarella, until well combined. Add fresh cracked black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Remove 1 frozen pie shell from the package and let it sit for 1 minute. Then gently flip it over, try to loosen the frozen crust by gently pushing off around the rim to remove it from the silver foil dish. Save the foil dish for reheating leftovers another day.
- Place the frozen pie crust directly into your own baking pie dish. (This makes a better overall presentation, but if you prefer, you can bake it the foil pan it comes in).
- Slowly pour the spinach mixture into the frozen pie crust.
- Place the pie dish into the oven directly on the center rack.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. The center of quiche should be firm when you shake it and the top and crust should be golden brown. The quiche will inflate like a souffle, but then it will flatten out as it cools.
- Remove and set aside to cool down before serving. Best served warm or at room temperature.
- Yields: 8 to 10 servings
Hello friends! Are you cooking or baking with us?
If you try our delicious Spinach and Parmesan Quiche recipe, let us know and leave a comment with a star-rating in our recipe card! We’d love to hear from you!
For more delicious recipes, follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter.
Don’t forget to enter your email in our “WEEKLY NEWSLETTER” Box and receive a new recipe FREE every time we post a new one and reminders of great older ones too!
Happy Cooking! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!