Zesty Lemon Shrimp and Mango Salad is a seafood salad for seafood lovers! And it’s the perfect salad for this time of year. Loaded with mango, jicama, and avocado, this shrimp and mango salad is tossed with a zesty lemon vinaigrette and cilantro, making it super flavorful, healthy, and packed with protein! Perfect for low-calorie and even low-carb diets.
The warm-season is all about salads. And we adore all kinds of salads, especially seafood ones.
For this recipe, our zesty lemon shrimp and mango salad is made easily with already pre-cooked shrimp I purchased at Wholefoods in their freezer section.
Then I decided to jazz things up with some diced mango, avocado, and jicama to give this salad some crunch.
Next, I combined everything into a mixing bowl and made my favorite lemon vinaigrette.
Lemons, as you know, are essential to consume all year long because of their anti-oxidant health benefits. And the lemony-cilantro vinaigrette I made here works perfectly for this salad!
It is a simple dressing made with fresh lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of sugar, and some Dijon mustard. Then it’s mixed with fresh cilantro and salt and black pepper.
The flavors blended very nicely with the sweet mango and avocado, releasing a refreshing taste.
And the longer it sits to marinate, the better it gets!
Mango along with avocado is a fruit and jicama is in the vegetable family. Surprisingly to me, they all work very well together in this salad.
I love all the flavors and textures in this shrimp and mango salad. My husband (who is not crazy about mango) really enjoyed the flavor of mango in this salad.
He even suggested next time I make it, to add more mango and even more avocado. He loves avocado and mango.
Zesty Lemon Shrimp and Mango Salad is a great seafood salad to enjoy all season long!
Here’s a GREAT TIP: Frozen shrimp (already cleaned) works really well for this salad and is also a time-saver too! Just thaw the shrimp in a colander by rinsing under cold running water, and allow it to drain well. Make it a few hours ahead and chill, it will marinate even better! Best served the same day it’s made.
For More Tasty Shrimp Recipes, try these!
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
…Thanks for PINNING!
Hey! Are you cooking with us? If you make this delicious zesty lemon shrimp and mango salad, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating below! We’d love to hear from you!
For more delicious seafood ideas follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Newsletter Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post a new recipe and some great older ones too!
Happy Cooking! 🙂
Thanks so much!
xo Anna and Liz
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 pound of frozen precooked shrimp - thawed, rinsed, drained
- 1 small red mango or 1/2 of medium size - peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 of a small jicama, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 small avocado - peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Allow shrimp to thaw in a colander in your kitchen sink, or on the counter with a plate underneath it, about 15 minutes or so. Rinse under cold running water for about 1 minute. Remove and discard any shells on the tails. Allow the shrimp to drain well for a few minutes.
- Meantime, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, sugar, Dijon mustard, salt, and fresh cracked pepper in a small mixing bowl or in a measuring glass. Set it aside to marinate for a few minutes.
- Place shrimp into a stainless steel mixing bowl, and add the diced mango, jicama, avocado, and cilantro. Pour in the lemon vinaigrette to the shrimp mixture and toss to combine. Chill for least 30 minutes before serving. Best served chilled.
- Serves 4 to 6