Shrimp and Mango Salad is loaded with diced mangos and cooked shrimp. This is a flavorful seafood salad, and one seafood lovers will enjoy! Loaded with shrimp, mango, jicama, and avocado, and tossed with a zesty lemon vinaigrette and cilantro, making it totally delicious, healthy, and packed with protein! Perfect for low-calorie and even low-carb diets.
The warm season is all about salads. And we adore all kinds of salads, especially seafood ones.
Some of our favorites are Best Shrimp Green Bean Salad, and our Easy Italian Shrimp Salad, just to name a few.
And this zesty lemon shrimp and mango salad is the perfect recipe for this time of year.
How to Make Zesty Lemon Shrimp and Mango Salad?
1. For this recipe, you will need the following simple ingredients:
- To make this salad quick and easy, already “pre-cooked” shrimp is best, which I purchased at Wholefoods in their freezer section.
2. Then I decided to jazz things up with some:
- diced mango
- diced avocado
- and jicama to give this salad some crunch.
3. Next, I combined everything into a mixing bowl and made my favorite lemon vinaigrette.
What’s in the Dressing?
- It is a simple dressing made with fresh lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of sugar, and some Dijon mustard.
- Then it’s mixed with fresh cilantro and salt and black pepper.
- The flavors blended very nicely with the sweet mango and avocado, releasing a refreshing taste.
And the longer it sits to marinate, the better it gets!
Lemons, as you know, are essential to consume all year long because of their anti-oxidant health benefits. And the lemony cilantro vinaigrette I made here works perfectly for this salad!
Mango along with avocado is a fruit and jicama is in the vegetable family. Surprisingly to me, they all work very well together in this salad.
I love all the flavors and textures in this shrimp and mango salad. My husband (who is not crazy about mango) really enjoyed the flavor of mango in this salad.
He even suggested next time I make it, to add more mango and even more avocado. He loves avocado and mango.
Zesty Lemon Shrimp and Mango Salad is a great seafood salad to enjoy all season long!
Here are a few Great Tips!
Frozen shrimp (already cleaned) works really well for this salad and is also a time-saver too!
Just thaw the shrimp in a colander by rinsing under cold running water, and allow it to drain well.
Make it a few hours ahead and chill, it will marinate even better! Best served the same day it’s made.
- To Store our Seafood Salad: it is best to cover with clear wrap, or transfer the salad into a sealed container and keep it chilled in your refrigerator.
- How Long Will it Stay Fresh? It will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
Love Mango? Then try our Beets and Mango Salad. These two are a winning combination too!
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
…Ok, now you can save, print, tag, or PIN!
For More Tasty Shrimp Recipes, try these!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 pound of frozen precooked shrimp - thawed, rinsed, drained
- 1 small red mango or 1/2 of medium-size - peeled and diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 of small jicama, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 small avocado - peeled and diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup cilantro - finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Allow shrimp to thaw in a colander in your kitchen sink, or on the counter with a plate underneath it, for about 15 minutes or so. Rinse under cold running water for about 1 minute. Remove and discard any shells on the tails. Allow the shrimp to drain well for a few minutes.
- Meantime, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, sugar, Dijon mustard, salt, and fresh cracked pepper in a small mixing bowl or in a measuring glass. Set it aside to marinate for a few minutes.
- Place shrimp into a stainless steel mixing bowl, and add the diced mango, jicama, avocado, and cilantro. Pour the lemon vinaigrette into the shrimp mixture and toss to combine. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Best served chilled.
- Serves 4 to 6
Yield:4 to 6 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 7gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 319mgCarbohydrates: 3.2gFiber: 1.6gSugar: 1gProtein: 16.4g
|Serving size: 1 serving|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.2g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6%|
|Total Sugars 1g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|