Best Shrimp Green Bean Salad
This is the Best Shrimp Green Bean Salad ever! It combines 2 popular summer ingredients – shrimp and green beans, making this the perfect addition to your menu for easy summer entertaining. Made with Haricots Verts and cooked shrimp (cut into bite-size pieces and chilled for at least one hour) tossed with a tangy dressing makes this no-fuss salad an exquisitely fresh and clean-tasting dish.
With amazing flavors, our shrimp salad will dazzle you after just one bite!
This shrimp green bean salad is easy to make (frozen cooked shrimp is the key) and is a wonderful addition to our 12 Easy Seafood Recipes.
Crisp, crunchy green beans combined with the soft texture of shrimp, juicy tomatoes, sweet red onion, and fresh garlic. YUM!
- This salad is tossed with a tangy red wine vinaigrette.
- Plus, the addition of dried herbs gives this salad additional bold flavors.
- The shrimp and green beans work magically together, yielding the BEST combination of flavors in every bite.
- Everyone will love this salad and won’t be able to stop eating it – it’s totally addicting!
To make this salad…quick and easy!
I used frozen “already cleaned and cooked” shrimp. You will need time to defrost the shrimp, rinse and allow it to drain thoroughly.
You can make it using fresh or frozen shrimp too, but keep in mind it’s a little more work and time-consuming.
How to make this Shrimp Green Bean Salad?
1. First, allow frozen shrimp to thaw.
2. Then rinse thoroughly in a colander. Examine them, looking for any remaining shells left behind: remove those, and discard them. Place a dish under the colander and put it into the fridge to keep chilled while draining.
3. Meanwhile, rinse the green beans and place them into a pot with some water, about 1- inch. Cover and bring to a boil. Boil the beans for ONLY 1 to 2 minutes, then drain the water. Place them into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking. You want the beans to be crunchy, not soggy in this salad.
4. Slice up cherry tomatoes and red onion, and place them into a mixing bowl. Take the green beans and cut them into thirds toss them into the bowl as well.
5. Make the vinaigrette in a small jar, shake and set it aside.
6. Remove shrimp from the colander and place them onto a cutting board. Place 2 sheets of paper towels over them, press down to remove excess water, and cut them into halves.
7. Toss everything together and chill for one hour before you add the dressing. When you are ready to serve, drizzle the vinaigrette over the entire salad, and gently toss. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Serve immediately.
Can I Make it Ahead?
Yes, you can make it one hour or more before you serve it. I prefer to make most of my salads in the morning hours and then add the vinaigrette right before serving them.
How long will it Stay Fresh?
Best to serve this salad chilled the day you make it. Cover with clear wrap or in a sealed container and kept refrigerated until you are ready to serve it. It will stay fresh for up to 2 days. Any longer, the red wine vinegar will turn the green beans to a brownish color.
Best Shrimp Green Bean Salad recipe will bring you rave reviews every time you serve it!
The best way to serve this shrimp salad is always super ice-cold! … and serve it with a glass of chilled wine or a cold beer!
MORE TASTY SHRIMP RECIPES!
- Easy Italian Shrimp Salad
- Zesty Lemon Shrimp and Mango Salad
- Shrimp Boil with Spicy Sauce
- Shrimp Cocktail with Jalapeno Peppers
Best Shrimp Green Bean Salad is chilled at least one hour before adding the vinaigrette to it. With a delicious tangy dressing, this no-fuss salad made with Haricots Verts and cooked shrimp is so exquisitely fresh and clean-tasting! Perfect dish for easy summer entertaining. The prep time does not include time needed to defrost the frozen shrimp.
Best Shrimp Green Bean Salad
For the Vinaigrette:
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282
Best Shrimp Green Bean Salad is chilled at least one hour before adding the vinaigrette to it. With a delicious tangy dressing, this no-fuss salad made with Haricots Verts and cooked shrimp is so exquisitely fresh and clean-tasting! Perfect dish for easy summer entertaining.
The prep time does not include time needed to defrost the frozen shrimp.
I’ve served shrimp salad and I’ve served a green bean and tomato salad at summer gatherings but not this combination, it sounds like a winner.
Hi Karen! I know you have tried a few of my recipes, and I can tell you, this one will definitely surprise you! Enjoy and have a great day! 🙂