Shrimp Boil with Spicy Sauce is an easy shrimp dinner where you boil the shrimp and serve it with a spicy sauce for dipping! This popular “peel and eat” shrimp recipe can be served as an appetizer or as the main course. But we prefer to serve it as the main course simply because it’s so much fun to eating shrimp this way! It’s perfect for outdoor dining.
Finally, we get to share our shrimp boil recipe with you!
We enjoy cooking shrimp dishes, and some of our favorites are shrimp cocktail with vodka sauce and our easy Italian shrimp salad, just to name a few.
But there is nothing like a great shrimp boil!
You will find this recipe to be practically effortless. Not only it is so easy to make this shrimp boil, but it always makes a huge impression on guests!
There is a simple process to this shrimp boil recipe: adding some seasonings to the boiling water is required before the shrimp goes in. Next, allow the water to come to a full boil, and as soon as the shrimp turns pink, remove and serve!
Yep! It’s that easy!
What is usually served with shrimp boil…
A few popular ways and even sauces to serve with our shrimp boil:
a spicy butter sauce for dipping
a favorite cocktail sauce
with some wedges of lemon on the side
serve with grilled or boiled corn on the cob, as a side
Also, a cold beer or white wine wouldn’t hurt either.
Shrimp can be found all year long. Large or jumbo shrimps are sold at your local fish market.
But we are lucky to get these shrimps sold right here in Charleston, South Carolina. And they are freshly caught every day.
Shrimp Boil happens to be effortless to make, with practically no mess.
And the cleanup? Not much, just a large pot and some dishes.
If you are dining al-fresco? … then use paper plates – they’re even better!
Serve with a side of grilled corn on the cob, and maybe a summer green salad and you have a complete meal. Don’t forget to serve some fresh fruit as dessert. 🙂
Next time you entertain, throw a “peel and eat shrimp” night with family and friends. Everyone will enjoy a fun, memorable shrimp dinner and you’ll get rave reviews, no question.
*Full recipe card below!
Ingredients Needed for Shrimp Boil with Spicy Sauce:
1/4 cup vinegar
2 garlic cloves-smashed
4 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
1 tsp. sea salt
2 to 3 pounds large shrimp, in their shells
2 sticks salted butter
2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
How to Make Shrimp Boil?
1. In a large pot filled with water. Bring water to a boil.
2. Add vinegar, garlic, Old Bay Seasoning, and salt. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add the shrimp to the pot. Cover and bring back to boil. Continue to boil until shrimp have turned pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain.
4. Transfer shrimp to a large family-size bowl or platter.
How to Make Spicy Butter Sauce?
For this recipe, a quick stir to combine some melted butter along with lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Served warm only minutes before serving.
In fact, any sauce you prefer with this shrimp boil is guaranteed delicious!
Directions to Make Spicy Butter Sauce:
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper.
2. Divide the butter sauce among 4 small bowls. Serve immediately.
…Thanks for PINNING!
More delicious recipes for shrimp dinners or appetizers! … try these:
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 13 minutes
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves-smashed
- 4 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 to 3 pounds large shrimp, in their shells
- 2 sticks salted butter - divided, for dipping
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- In a large pot filled with water. Bring water to boil. Add vinegar, garlic, Old Bay Seasoning, and salt. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the pot. Cover and bring back to boil. Continue to boil until shrimp have turned pink, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain. Then transfer shrimp to a large family-size bowl or platter.
Recipe for Spicy Butter Sauce:
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Remove and stir in the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. Divide the butter sauce among 4 small serving bowls or glasses.
- Serve shrimp with spicy butter sauce for dipping. And lemon wedges on the table as well.
- Serves 4 to 6
Yield:4 to 6 servings
Serving Size:100 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 99Total Fat: .3gCarbohydrates: .2gProtein: 24g