Easy Shrimp Dinner is a delicious meal made with already cleaned and deveined Argentinian shrimp, fresh spinach, butter, peppers, and cheese. Then it’s tossed with linguine pasta. It’s the perfect dinner to serve family and friends and it’s ready in 20 minutes! If you are looking for a delicious seafood dinner, then this recipe is for you.
Serve this easy shrimp dinner with a green salad as a side and some crusty bread for a complete meal. The crusty bread is used to soak up every last bit of this tasty sauce. YUM.
We enjoy making shrimp dinners from time to time and some of our favorites have been our classic spaghetti with shrimp marinara, and our spaghetti with shrimp, olive oil, garlic and wine. But this one is a little different, containing some veggies in it to add more flavor, color and texture.
The shrimps in this recipe happen to come from the southern coast of Argentina, and they are wild caught and have a sweet-lobster like flavor and texture, making this shrimp dinner very flavorful.
I found them at Trader Joe’s and they come in one pound bags in the freezer section. These shrimps are already peeled and deveined for you, making the prep work fast and easy with this recipe!
HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS EASY SHRIMP DINNER ?
This shrimp dinner is so simple yet it’s loaded with a lot of flavor. The recipe starts by allowing the shrimp to defrost, then rinsed well and drained before cooking. Next, fill a large pot with water, add 2 teaspoons of salt and turn on the heat to high.
Place a large skillet on stove-top. Begin by slicing the garlic and chopping the peppers. Then preheat the skillet and add olive oil and garlic and saute garlic for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Next, add the red peppers, shrimp, pepper flakes, some salt and pepper. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
The broth goes in next and simmers until the shrimp turns pink-ish opaque. And lastly, the butter, spinach and cheese are added to the shrimp sauce and simmered until the spinach wilts.
Now the shrimp sauce is ready for the final step! Cooking the linguine until it’s al-dente, and transferring it directly to the skillet.
The pasta is gently stirred with the shrimp sauce to flavor it and dinner is ready to serve!
The red peppers give the shrimp and the sauce a distinctive flavor, making it so flavorful, your family will enjoy this one as much as we do!
Also, for our gluten-free friends, use gluten-free pasta!
Don’t forget to Pin this to your Dinner Board!
More Shrimp Recipes? Try these:
Are you cooking with us?
If you make this delicious recipe, let us know and leave a comment!
We’d love to see what you cook! Happy Cooking! 🙂
Easy Shrimp Dinner
Recipe type: Dinner / Seafood
Serves: 3 to 4
Easy Shrimp Dinner is a delicious meal made with already cleaned and deveined Argentinian raw shrimp, fresh spinach, butter, peppers, and cheese. Then it's tossed with linguine pasta. It's the perfect dinner and it's ready in 20 minutes!
- 1 pound ( 16-ounces) frozen Red Argentinian Shrimp - thawed, rinsed, drain
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves - thinly sliced
- ½ cup roasted red peppers- finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 to 4 cups fresh baby spinach (adjust the amount to your liking)
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ pound (8-ounce) linguine pasta
- Take the frozen shrimps and toss them into a colander. Place the colander into your sink and run cold water over them for a few minutes. Then leave them to drain in the sink until they are completely thawed.
- Next, fill a large pot with water and place it on stovetop and over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of salt to the water.
- Meanwhile, preheat a large skillet on medium heat, and add olive oil and garlic. Saute the garlic for about 2 minutes, or until the garlic is golden.
- Add crushed red pepper, shrimps, red peppers and season with salt and black pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 3 minutes, until the broth reduces a little and the shrimps have turned pink-ish opaque.
- Toss in butter, spinach and Parmesan cheese. Stir until the spinach wilts. Turn off the heat.
- Toss in linguine pasta into the pot with boiling water. Cook pasta until it's al-dente, or follow directions on the package. When pasta is ready. Use a large spaghetti fork to pull the linguine out and transfer to the large skillet next to it.
- Stir the linguine with the shrimps and TASTE the sauce, and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper to your preference. Then serve!
- Serves 3 to 4 servings.
Recipe is adapted from Aprons