Easy Pasta Salad with Bocconcini, Tomatoes, and Basil is an easy pasta salad made with creamy little balls of mozzarella, tangy cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil. It’s then tossed with fusilli pasta and a simple marinade made of extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, and seasonings. A fast and delicious dish you can whip up in less than 15 minutes.
A few days ago, I posted my Spring Tomato, Basil, Bocconcini Salad, which is the base for this dish. All I did was added some pasta and turned it into a simple pasta salad dish.
You can certainly serve it chilled or even at room temperature. Either way, it’s a very tasty and refreshing salad.
I quickly made the tomato, basil, bocconcini salad first, allowing it to marinate for a few minutes while the pasta was cooking in boiling water. I then drained the pasta and set it aside to cool.
Once the pasta cooled down, I simply tossed in the tomato, basil and bocconcini salad and it was done! Superfast! This can be an excellent pasta salad to serve for Mother’s Day. Or, bring it to a friend’s house.
It makes a beautiful, colorful and tasty appetizer as well. It’s a dish with all the Italian colors in it.
Here’s a tip: If you are preparing this pasta salad for guests and need to refrigerate for a few hours prior to serving, I recommend you leave out the mozzarella cheese while you marinate the rest. Toss them in right before you serve. This will keep them pearly-white and makes a prettier presentation.
You can check out these different kinds of pasta:
Your family and friends will LOVE our easy pasta salad with bocconcini. We bet this will be the first bowl that will disappear at every gathering.
Try this recipe!
…THANKS for PINNING and Sharing!!
MORE TASTY SALADS!
- 1 pound Fusilli Pasta or Gluten-Free Fusilli Pasta, or GF Quinoa Fusilli Pasta
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound bocconcini (small mozzarella balls)
- 5 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves- minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Salt the water with some salt.
- Add the fusilli pasta to the water and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain in a colander and transfer to a large serving bowl and set aside to cool. If you prefer, you can run the pasta under cold water to cool faster.
- In the meantime, slice tomatoes in halves and toss them into a salad bowl along with the bocconcini, olive oil, basil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Gently mix and set aside for 5 minutes to marinate.
- When the pasta is completely cooled. Transfer the tomatoes and bocconcini salad into the pasta. Gently toss. Add salt and pepper to taste. And serve.
- Serves 6 to 8
If you feel you need to drizzle more olive oil to moisten the pasta, then do so. Sometimes pasta salads have a tendency to absorb most of the liquid, which would leave you dry pasta. Adding extra-virgin olive oil is Ok and it's good for you, so add some extra in and enjoy!