Easy Pasta Salad with Bocconcini, Tomatoes and Basil is an easy pasta salad made with creamy little bocconcini, tangy cherry tomatoes, fusilli pasta, and fresh basil. Tossed with a simple marinade that is made with 3 ingredients, making this salad tastes amazing! A delicious dish you can whip up in less than 15 minutes is perfect!
Delicious, Easy Pasta Salad that’s ready in minutes…
This simple salad, which is adapted from our Spring Tomato, Basil, Bocconcini Salad, is ideally a delicious side to serve all spring and summer long.
A wonderful and easy pasta salad and one you can certainly serve chilled or even at room temperature.
Either way, it’s a very tasty, refreshing, and most satisfying salad.
What are Bocconcini?
Bocconcini are Italian little cheese balls of fresh mozzarella. These are packed in plastic tubs filled with salty water and can be found in most supermarkets.
It’s best to keep the bocconcini in the tub or container it was sold in and covered with brine, until you are ready to use it. They will stay fresh longer.
Overview of Ingredients Needed for Easy Pasta Salad with Bocconcini…
- fusilli pasta – is a great choice for salads, but you can also use bowties, or penne.
- cherry tomatoes – are a wonderful addition and the perfect bite-size for this salad.
- bocconcini – are mini, creamy mozzarella balls, sold in containers in the dairy section of your supermarket.
- fresh basil – there is nothing better than fresh basil for that distinctive “fresh taste” with this salad.
- garlic – fresh garlic cloves give an additional pop of flavor to this salad.
- extra virgin olive oil – choose a good quality extra virgin olive oil for the best flavor.
- seasonings – salt and black pepper, along with dried oregano are all you need for our pasta salad.
How To Make Our Easy Pasta Salad with Bocconcini, Tomatoes, and Basil?
(*Full recipe card below!)
1. FIRST, Prep the Salad: In a mixing bowl, toss the sliced tomatoes, basil, and bocconcini together along with a simple marinade. Then allow it to marinate for a few minutes while the pasta was cooking in boiling water.
2. NEXT, Cook the Pasta: Then drain the pasta and set it aside to cool for a few minutes. You can also, run it under cool water to stop the cooking. Drain again.
3. TOSS Everything Together: Once the fusilli pasta has cooled down, simply toss it into the tomato, basil, and bocconcini salad. Toss everything to combine.
4. TASTE the Salad: Taste it and adjusted the seasonings.
Now, your pasta salad is ready to serve!
Simple. Easy. and most Delicious!
This is an excellent pasta salad to serve on Mother’s Day. Plus, it is perfect for a brunch, BBQ, or potluck.
It makes a beautiful, colorful and tasty appetizer as well. It’s a simple dish that makes a beautiful presentation.
Plus, it even has all the Italian colors on it. 😉
TIPS and NOTES for Easy Pasta Salad with Bocconcini…
- If you make this salad ahead, and refrigerate it for a few hours before serving, we recommend you leave out the “mozzarella balls” of cheese while you marinate the rest.
- Toss in the bocconcini balls just before you serve. This will keep them “pearly-white” and makes a prettier presentation.
- Keep in mind, pasta salads tend to absorb most of the liquid, which can leave you with dry pasta salad. Always taste before serving and add additional salad dressing.
- Add additional cherry tomatoes and bocconcini – if you like!
- Plus, you can add additional extra-virgin olive oil. It is Ok and it’s good for you, so add some extra in and enjoy!
Options with links for pasta…
Your family and friends will LOVE our easy pasta salad with bocconcini.
We bet this will be the first bowl that will disappear at every gathering.
Try this recipe!
MORE TASTY Ideas for SALADS!
- Crunchy Broccoli, Raisins and Walnut Salad
- Easy Caprese Skewers
- Best Broccoli Salad (Keto)
- Healthy Apple Bok Choy Salad
- Easy Italian Macaroni Salad
- 1 pound Fusilli Pasta or Gluten-Free Fusilli Pasta, or GF Quinoa Fusilli Pasta
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound (16-ounces) bocconcini (small mozzarella balls)
- 5 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra as needed
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add 2 teaspoons of salt to the boiling water.
- Add the fusilli pasta to the water and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain in a colander and run it under cool running water for about 1 minute to stop it from cooking. Drain well.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl and set aside.
- In the meantime, slice cherry tomatoes in halves and toss them into a salad bowl along with the bocconcini, olive oil, basil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Gently mix and set aside for 5 minutes to marinate. *QUICK NOTE: If you are planning to serve this in a few hours, then do not add the bocconcini until the very end, and just before you serve it.
- When the pasta is completely cooled, transfer the tomatoes and bocconcini mixture to the pasta. Gently toss. Taste, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Then Serve. QUICK NOTE: here is where you can add in additional olive oil, bocconcini and even cherry tomatoes to you liking.
- Serves 6 to 8
You can serve this salad at room temperature or chilled.
If you feel you need to drizzle more olive oil to moisten the pasta, go ahead and do so. Sometimes pasta salads tend to absorb most of the liquid, which would leave you with a dry pasta salad.
Drizzle additional extra-virgin olive oil is Ok and it's good for you, so add some in and enjoy!
Yield:6 to 8 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 471Total Fat: 21.3gCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2.9gSugar: 3.1gProtein: 22.2g
…THANKS for PINNING and Sharing!!
Hello friends! Are you cooking with us? If you try our easy pasta salad with bocconcini, let us know and leave a comment!
Have fun and Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram #2sistersrecipes, and Pinterest if you like. We’d love to hear from you.
Don’t forget to enter your email in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and be the first to get new recipes “FREE” every time we post a new recipe, and reminders of great older ones too!
Happy and Healthy Cooking! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
xo anna and liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!