Easy Pasta Salad with Bocconcini, Tomatoes and Basil ~ is an easy pasta salad made with creamy little balls of mozzarella, tangy cherry tomatoes and fresh basil. It’s then tossed with fusilli pasta and a simple marinade made of extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic and seasonings. A fast and delicious dish you can whip up in less than 15 minutes.
A few days ago, I posted my Spring Tomato, Basil, Bocconcini Salad, which is the base for this dish. All I did was added some pasta, and turned it into a simple pasta salad dish.
You can certainly serve it chilled or even at room temperature. Either way it’s a very tasty and refreshing salad.
I quickly made the tomato, basil, bocconcini salad first, allowing it to marinade for a few minutes while the pasta was cooking in boiling water. I then drained the pasta and set it aside to cool.
Once the pasta cooled down, I simply tossed in the tomato,basil and bocconcini salad and it was done! Super fast! This can be an excellent pasta salad to serve for Mother’s Day. Or, bring it to a friends house.
It makes a beautiful, colorful and tasty appetizer as well. It’s a dish with all the Italian colors in it.
Here’s a tip: If you are preparing this pasta salad for guests and need to refrigerate for a few hours prior to serving, I recommend you leave out the mozzarella cheese while you marinate the rest. Toss them in right before you serve. This will keep them pearly-white, and makes a prettier presentation.
You can check out these different kinds of pastas:
Thanks for stopping by! To all the mom’s in the world out there, have a wonderful Mother’s Day this weekend!
Warmly, xo Anna and Liz
- 1 pound Fusilli Pasta or Gluten-Free Fusilli Pasta, or GF Quinoa Fusilli Pasta
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound bocconcini (small mozzarella balls)
- 5 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves- minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Salt the water with some salt.
- Add the fusilli pasta to the water and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain in a colander and transfer to a large serving bowl and set aside to cool. If you prefer, you can run the pasta under cold water to cool faster.
- In the meantime, slice tomatoes in halves and toss them into a salad bowl along with the bocconcini, olive oil, basil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Gently mix and set aside for 5 minutes to marinate.
- When the pasta is completely cooled. Transfer the tomatoes and bocconcini salad into the pasta. Gently toss. Add salt and pepper to taste. And serve.
- Serves 6 to 8
Hello friends! Are you cooking with us? If you try this recipe, let us know and leave a comment! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram #2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest if you like.
Thanks for stopping by!
Anna and Liz
THANKS for PINNING and Sharing!!