Easy Pasta Salad with Bocconcini, Tomatoes and Basil is an easy pasta salad made with creamy little balls of mozzarella, tangy cherry tomatoes, fusilli pasta, and fresh basil. Tossed with fusilli pasta and a simple marinade that is made with 3 ingredients, making this salad tastes amazing! A delicious dish you can whip up in less than 15 minutes is perfect!
A few days ago, I posted my Spring Tomato, Basil, Bocconcini Salad, which is the base for this dish. All I did was added some pasta and turned it into a simple pasta salad dish.
This is a wonderful salad and one you can certainly serve chilled or even at room temperature.
Either way, it’s a very tasty and refreshing salad.
What are Bocconcini?
Bocconcini are Italian little cheese balls of fresh mozzarella. These are packed in plastic tubs filled with salty water and can be found in most supermarkets. And, it originated in Naples, Italy.
It’s best to leave the uneaten bocconcini in the tub or container it was sold in covered with brine.
Simple Ingredients Needed for Easy Pasta Salad with Bocconcini…
- fusilli pasta – is a great pasta for salads.
- cherry tomatoes – these are wonderful and perfectly bite-size with this salad.
- bocconcini – are mini mozzarella balls, sold in containers with water.
- fresh basil – there is nothing better than fresh basil with this salad.
- garlic – fresh garlic cloves give a pop of flavor to this salad.
- olive oil – good quality extra virgin olive oil is best.
- seasonings – salt and black pepper, along with dried oregano.
How To Make Our Easy Pasta Salad with Bocconcini, Tomatoes, and Basil?
1. Make the Salad: In a mixing bowl, toss the tomato, basil, and bocconcini together along with a simple marinade. Then allow it to marinate for a few minutes while the pasta was cooking in boiling water. (*full recipe card below)
2. Cook the Pasta: Then drain the pasta and set it aside to cool.
3. Toss Together: Once the fusilli pasta has cooled down, simply toss it into the tomato, basil, and bocconcini salad. Toss everything to combine.
4. Taste the Salad: Taste it and adjusted the seasonings.
Now it is ready to serve!
Simple. Easy. and Delicious!
This can be an excellent pasta salad to serve for Mother’s Day. Or, bring it to a friend’s house for a BBQ or potluck.
It makes a beautiful, colorful and tasty appetizer as well. It’s a simple dish that makes a beautiful presentation.
Plus, it even has all the Italian colors on it. 😉
TIPS and NOTES for Easy Pasta Salad with Bocconcini…
- If you are preparing this pasta salad for guests and need to refrigerate it for a few hours before serving, I recommend you leave out the mozzarella cheese while you marinate the rest.
- Then toss in the bocconcini balls right before you serve. This will keep them “pearly-white” and makes a prettier presentation.
- Keep in mind, that sometimes pasta salads tend to absorb most of the liquid, which can leave you with dry pasta salad. Always taste before serving and add additional marinade.
- Plus, you can add additional extra-virgin olive oil we well. It is Ok and it’s good for you, so add some extra in and enjoy!
Options with links for pasta…
Your family and friends will LOVE our easy pasta salad with bocconcini.
We bet this will be the first bowl that will disappear at every gathering.
Try this recipe!
…THANKS for PINNING and Sharing!!
MORE TASTY SALADS!
- Crunchy Broccoli, Raisins and Walnut Salad
- Easy Caprese Skewers
- Best Broccoli Salad (Keto)
- Healthy Apple Bok Choy Salad
- Easy Italian Macaroni Salad
- 1 pound Fusilli Pasta or Gluten-Free Fusilli Pasta, or GF Quinoa Fusilli Pasta
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound bocconcini (small mozzarella balls)
- 5 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves- minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Salt the water with some salt.
- Add the fusilli pasta to the water and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain in a colander and transfer to a large serving bowl and set aside to cool. If you prefer, you can run the pasta under cold water to cool faster.
- In the meantime, slice tomatoes in halves and toss them into a salad bowl along with the bocconcini, olive oil, basil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Gently mix and set aside for 5 minutes to marinate.
- When the pasta is completely cooled. Transfer the tomatoes and bocconcini salad to the pasta. Gently toss. Add salt and pepper to taste. And serve.
- Serves 6 to 8
If you feel you need to drizzle more olive oil to moisten the pasta, go ahead and do so. Sometimes pasta salads tend to absorb most of the liquid, which would leave you with a dry pasta salad.
Drizzle additional extra-virgin olive oil is Ok and it's good for you, so add some in and enjoy!
Yield:6 to 8 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 471Total Fat: 21.3gCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2.9gSugar: 3.1gProtein: 22.2g
Hello friends! Are you cooking with us? If you try our easy pasta salad with bocconcini, let us know and leave a comment!
Have fun and Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram #2sistersrecipes, and Pinterest if you like. We’d love to hear from you.
Don’t forget to enter your email in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and be the first to get new recipes “FREE” every time we post a new recipe, and reminders of great older ones too!