Easy Caprese Skewers
Easy Caprese Skewers are simply made with our homemade marinated ciliegine mozzarella balls and cherry tomatoes, alternating on a skewer to resemble a Caprese salad. It’s fresh-tasting, quick, and these little mozzarella balls get an easy marinade with only 6 ingredients.
What would an Italian-style gathering be without our hands-down favorite Caprese skewers? 😉
This summer why not make these easy Caprese skewers that will be a terrific addition to your outdoor entertaining.
Add them to your charcuterie board paired with our Easy Marinated Olives Recipe, along with a basket of crusty Tuscan bread nearby, and watch them disappear.
Guarantee they will be devoured by everyone.
Ingredients to Make these Easy Caprese Skewers…
For this recipe, you will need:
a basket of cherry tomatoes
a container of small mozzarella balls (about 20 balls)
extra virgin olive oil
crushed red pepper flakes
fresh Italian parsley
one package of 6-inch skewers
How to Make the Marinade for Mozzarella Balls…
1. First, drain the mozzarella balls from the original container they come in. Then place them into a small container with a lid.
2. Add all the ingredients for the marinade.
3. Cover the container with the lid. Allow the mozzarella balls to marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour before threading the skewers.
How to Make these Easy Caprese Skewers…
When ready to thread the skewers, remove the container with the marinated balls from the refrigerator.
Next, you can begin to thread each skewer, one by one until all the cheese balls are gone.
Yields: about 18 to 20 Caprese skewers
Add some fresh basil leaves in between for the tri-color of green, white and red, the colors of the Italian flag.
Drizzle with some balsamic glaze over them, before you serve, for a sweeter flavor.
Serve with some Grissini crackers or Italian breadsticks.
Can we drizzle balsamic vinegar over the skewers?
This recipe does not require any balsamic vinegar. But if you wish, you may drizzle some only just before you serve them. Otherwise, it will change the color of the cheese, and it will no longer appear pearly white.
Can we marinate the cherry tomatoes?
Yes, you can. However, I did not simply because they are already very sweet and delicious all alone.
Easy Caprese Skewers are simple to make and you can serve them anytime.
These little Caprese kabobs get a little extra kick from crushed red pepper and a whole lot of deliciousness from extra virgin olive oil and fresh herbs.
Try them next time you’re having company, or bring them to your next dinner party or even potluck.
They are simple, easy, and fun!
More Delicious Appetizers…
Healthy Appetizer Cucumber Bites
Best Loaded BLT Dip
Carrot and Spinach Dip
Burrata Caprese Crostini Bites
Easy Marinated Olives Recipe
Cold Honeydew Soup
Baked Artichoke and Spinach Dip ( Houston’s Copycat)
Spinach and Kale Bites
Sweet Melon with Prosciutto di Parma
Cold Spinach Dip
Yield: 20 skewers
Easy Caprese Skewers
Easy Caprese Skewers are simply made with our homemade marinated Ciliegine mozzarella balls and cherry tomatoes, alternating on a skewer to resemble a Caprese salad. Super easy and they make a terrific appetizer for any gathering.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 pound (16 ounces) of cherry tomatoes
- 8-ounces (up to 12-ounces) of small mozzarella balls (about 20 balls) -drained from the water it's kept in.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, and an extra
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 5 leaves fresh basil - chopped
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped Italian parsley
- In a small container ( about 3 cup size), add the mozzarella balls. Then scatter salt, crushed pepper flakes, basil, and parsley over them.
- Pour in the olive oil. Gently stir to blend evenly.
- Cover or close the container with the lid. Allow the mozzarella balls to marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour before threading the skewers.
- When ready to make Caprese skewers, just pick up one skewer, thread one cherry tomato, then one mozzarella ball, and again with a cherry tomato. Place them onto a serving platter. Continue until all the mozzarella balls are finished.
- Cover the platter with clear wrap and chill until you are ready to serve.
- Yields: 18 to 20 Caprese skewers
Serving Size:2 skewers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117 Total Fat: 12.1gCarbohydrates: .9gProtein: 10g
With outdoor entertaining arriving, these would be a perfect salad/appetizer for the patio! Love caprese salads, especially when there are fresh tomatoes from the garden.
Thanks so much, Susan. I know you have an amazing garden every year. This year, I actually planted cherry tomatoes into a large planter so we can enjoy them all summer long. Thanks again for stopping by! 🙂
Such a yummy way to start a spring menu.
Aw, and we couldn’t agree with you more. Thanks so much, Bernadette.
So simple and so pretty. I’d be happy with some actual basil leaves on the skewer as well. Maybe not everybody… Love this!
Sounds good as well! … we adore having a fresh taste of basil infused into the olive oil while marinating. Thanks so much Mimi! 🙂