Here’s a perfect addition to your menu to keep things cool, try this Cold Honeydew Soup as a welcome change. It’s a very light and flavorful soup served chilled with a sweet refreshing clean taste in every spoonful. Best of all, this 4-ingredient soup requires no cooking, and it’s sooo GOOD!
My dear friend Angela makes this cold soup often and sent me her recipe and recommended I try it… and so I did!
An alternative to the traditional Gazpacho soup which is made with chilled tomatoes or other vegetables and spices. This chilled soup is made using honeydew melon, fresh herbs, and lime juice.
The outcome was fantastic! It was quick to make and tasted delicious!
With sweltering temperatures and heat continuously rising, this chilled soup recipe may be just the thing to add to your menu to enjoy something soothing and cool!
Besides no cooking involved, this cold summer soup is truly a winner! It takes minutes to make and makes an elegant presentation that will amaze your family and guests.
It’s even fancy enough to serve as the first course at dinner, or as an appetizer for a special occasion, soiree, or a luncheon.
The fresh herbs along with fresh lime juice give this soup its soothing, clean taste. It’s so refreshing, you’ll enjoy every single bite.
And if you want to add a little more flavor to this soup, serve it with a small dollop of sour cream on top, or drizzle with some creme fraiche across the top of each bowl.
Served chilled, this soup will positively WOW your family and guests after their first taste.
Perfect soup to serve on a hot summer day!
What’s in this Cold Honeydew Soup?
To make this cold honeydew soup, you will need:
1 small ripe Honeydew
fresh mint leaves
fresh basil leaves
a couple of limes
How To Make Cold Honeydew Soup:
1. First, cut the melon in half. For this recipe, you will only need one half of the honeydew, and you can reserve the other half for another time.
2. Remove the seeds from the center, slice the melon, and remove its skin.
3. Toss honeydew into a blender, along with the mint, basil, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Blend to puree. Taste. Then divide and pour into individual soup bowls or ramekins.
4. Cover and chill for at least one hour before serving. Garnish with a mint leaf in the center and a slice of lime on the side.
Finally, More Reasons to Love this Soup!
helps boost the immune system
loaded with vitamins and nutrients
it’s vegan, paleo, whole-30, and dairy-free
honeydew is low in calories
And it’s ONLY 49 calories per serving!
There are so many great health benefits with Honeydew, and you can read about it in this article, 10 Surprising Health Benefits of Honeydew.
- 1/2 of a small ripe honeydew - chopped ( about 4 to 5 cups )
- 8 fresh mint leaves- with stems removed ( about 1 Tbsp)
- 5 to 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 1 large lime)
- pinch of salt
- Place all the ingredients into your blender and blend until it is pureed into a smooth, soupy texture. Pour into your ramekins or cocktail glasses.
- Cover with clear wrap and chill until you are ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, top each dish (or glass) with a fresh mint leaf as a garnish, and a slice of lime on the side.
- Optional: drizzle some creme fraiche on top, or serve with a small dollop of sour cream in the center.
- yields: 4 - (1/2 cup) servings
This recipe will serve 4 small servings, (4-ounces), or 3 servings ( 6-ounces). For more servings needed, just double the recipe and use the entire melon.
Also, if the soup is too thick, add a little water.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 49
More Easy & Healthy Recipes to try: