Cold Honeydew Soup! Here’s a perfect addition to your menu to keep things cool, try this Cold Honeydew Soup as a welcome change. It’s a very light and flavorful soup served chilled with a sweet refreshing clean taste in every spoonful. Best of all, this 4-ingredient soup requires no cooking, perfect for the summer months!
My dear friend Angela makes this cold soup often and sent me her recipe and recommended I try it… and so I did!
It is basically an alternative to the traditional Gazpacho soup which is made with chilled tomatoes or other vegetables and spices.
Only this chilled soup is made with honeydew melon, fresh herbs, and lime juice.
And, we have to tell you, the outcome was fantastic! It was quick to make and delicious tasting!
Reasons to MAKE This COLD HONEYDEW SOUP…
- With sweltering temperatures and heat continuously rising, this chilled soup recipe may be just the thing to add to your menu to enjoy something soothing and cool!
- Besides no cooking involved, this cold summer soup is truly a winner!
- It takes minutes to make and makes an elegant presentation that will amaze your family and guests.
- It’s even fancy enough to serve as the first course at dinner, or as an appetizer for a special occasion, soiree, or luncheon.
How Does Cold Honeydew Soup Taste?
The taste is sweet, cool, and refreshing, with every spoonful. It is the fresh herbs along with fresh lime juice that gives this soup its soothing, clean taste.
It’s the best!
Options When Serving:
If you prefer, you can add a little more flavor to this soup.
- just simply serve it with a small dollop of sour cream on top
- or drizzle a swirl with some creme fraiche across the top of each bowl
How To Make this Cold Honeydew Soup? (full recipe card below!)
To make this cold honeydew soup, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 small ripe Honeydew
- fresh mint leaves
- fresh basil leaves
- a couple of limes
- a pinch of salt
Directions To Make Cold Honeydew Soup:
1. First, cut the melon in half. For this recipe, you will only need one half of the honeydew, and you can reserve the other half for another time.
2. Remove the seeds from the center, slice the melon, and remove its skin. Discard all skins.
3. Toss honeydew into a blender, along with the mint, basil, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Blend to puree. Taste. Then divide and pour into individual soup bowls or ramekins.
4. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with a mint leaf in the center and a slice of lime on the side.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR SUCCESS!
- This is a soup made with fresh fruit. Therefore, it needs to be consumed the day you make it.
- This is not a recipe you can store for a day later. Must be eaten the same day to avoid fermentation.
- It’s best to “CHILL” the MELON before slicing and pureeing. Then you can serve it as soon as you make it.
Finally, A Few More Reasons to Love this Soup!
- helps boost the immune system
- loaded with vitamins and nutrients
- it’s vegan, paleo, whole-30, and dairy-free
- honeydew is low in calories
- And it’s ONLY about 77 calories per serving!
- There are so many great health benefits with Honeydew, and you can read about them in this article, 10 Surprising Health Benefits of Honeydew.
Try this easy recipe. It’s sublime!
Served chilled, this soup will positively WOW your family and guests after their first taste.
Perfect soup to serve on a hot summer day!
Additional Easy Recipes to try:
- No-Bake Carrot Cake Bites
- Easy Strawberry and Banana Kabobs with Chocolate
- 5 Minute Mixed Berry Pie
- Sweet Melon with Prosciutto di Parma
- No-Bake Banana Pudding Icebox Bars
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1/2 of a small ripe honeydew - chopped ( about 4 to 5 cups )
- 8 fresh mint leaves- with stems removed ( about 1 Tbsp)
- 5 to 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 1 large lime)
- pinch of salt
- Place all the ingredients into your blender and blend until it is pureed into a smooth, soupy texture. Pour into your ramekins or cocktail glasses.
- Cover with clear wrap and chill until you are ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, top each dish (or glass) with a fresh mint leaf as a garnish, and a slice of lime on the side.
- Optional: drizzle some creme fraiche on top, or serve with a small dollop of sour cream in the center.
- yields: 4 - (1/2 cup) servings
- IT's Best to CHILL the Honeydew beforehand, and especially if you prefer to serve it as soon as you puree it.
- This recipe will serve 4 small servings, (4 ounces), or 3 servings of about 6 ounces.
- For more servings needed, just double the recipe and use the entire melon.
- Also, if the soup is too thick, just add a little water.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77Total Fat: .3gCarbohydrates: 19.4gFiber: 1.7gSugar: 17.3gProtein: 1.2g