Pasta with Chicken Peas & Mushrooms are sautéed in a light creamy sauce made with white wine, chicken stock, and light cream. The pasta is loaded with delicious pieces of chicken and vegetables, making it a simple yet tasty meal that you and your loved ones will surely LOVE from the first bite!
Pasta with Chicken Peas & Mushrooms Recipe…
We love this pasta dish because it’s an “all-in-one” meal with protein, carbs, and vegetables.
What could be better?
And since my family was craving it, I decided to revive it from our archives and post it again.
The only thing you really need with this pasta with chicken dish is a green salad as a side. Then you’ll have one FABULOUS meal that’s ready in under 30 minutes.
It’s Perfect! 😉
Pasta with Chicken Peas & Mushrooms is a delightful meal, and for many reasons:
- So simple and so delicious, you’ll make this pasta dish in every season.
- The flavors are wonderful.
- Peas, mushrooms, pieces of chicken, and white wine all add up to a combination of multiple flavors in every bite.
- Heat up the leftovers the very next day for lunch is even better!
A hearty pasta dish with a creamy sauce like this absolutely deserves a full-bodied wine to pair with it.
Needless to say, we always enjoy a fine ruby-fruity red wine to go with it like a Chianti.
We trust our mom …. she really knows how to whip up fabulous dishes.
For More Tasty Pasta Dishes like this one… try these recipes:
- Pasta with Veal in Lemon Sauce
- Pasta with Smoked Salmon in Creamy Sauce
- Farfalle with Chicken Capers & Sundried Tomatoes
- Penne Tossed with Chicken Kale and Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 pound of Farfalle pasta (bow ties pasta)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pound ( 4 pieces) skinless thin chicken cutlets- cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove - sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 + 1/2 cups (10-ounce) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 5 to 6 sundried tomatoes - chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- 8-ounce package of sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup low-fat chicken stock
- 3/4 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano cheese and extra for serving
- In a large pot of water, add 2 teaspoons of salt to the water and raise the heat.
- In the meantime, do the prep work for this dish.
- In a large (12-inch /5 Qt.) round skillet. Heat olive oil and butter together until butter is melted, on medium heat.
- Add chopped onions, garlic slices, and crushed red pepper. Sauté until onions are softened.
- Add chicken pieces and gently stir. Cook chicken for 3 to 5 minutes, until chicken, is fully cooked.
- Next, pour in 1/2 cup of white wine. Simmer and cook until the wine has reduced.
- Then add in the baby peas, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh parsley, and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Then pour in the chicken stock.
- Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered for a few minutes until the mushrooms and peas have softened and tender to the bite, about 4 to 6 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- In a large pot of boiling water, add 1 teaspoon of salt to the water. Toss in the Farfalle pasta and cook according to the directions on the box, approx. 7- 9 minutes, until the pasta is al dente.
- Using a large slotted spoon, carefully take the pasta from the water and allow to drain, then transfer the pasta to the skillet with chicken and vegetables.
- Turn on the heat once again under the skillet.
- Pour half & half into the skillet and simmer on low heat for about 1 minute, stirring the entire mixture.
- Taste the cream sauce and adjust the seasonings with salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese on top and serve immediately.
- Serves 6
Yield:4 to 6 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 411Total Fat: 15.9gCarbohydrates: 37.3gFiber: 4.1gSugar: 4.4gProtein: 26.1g
thanks for pinning!
Tried our Pasta with Chicken Peas & Mushrooms? Let us know and leave a comment.
Have fun and snap a photo and share it on Pinterest, Be sure to tag us #2sistersrecipes and @2sistersrecipes. We’d love to see what you cooked! 🙂
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes “FREE” every time we post a new recipe and reminders of great older ones.
This recipe is original and from our mom. All content and photos are remain the same.