Pasta with Chicken Peas & Mushrooms is sautéed in a light creamy sauce made with white wine, chicken stock, and light cream. This creamy pasta dish, loaded with pieces of chicken and vegetables is not only easy to make, but it is SO light and SO good, we guarantee you and your family will LOVE from the very first bite!
We love this pasta dish because it’s an “all-in-one” meal with protein, carbs, and vegetables. What could be better?
The only thing you really need with this pasta dish is a green salad as a side and you have one fabulous meal and ready in under 30 minutes.
Pasta with Chicken Peas & Mushrooms is a delightful meal.
So simple and so delicious, you’ll make this pasta dish in every season. The flavors are wonderful.
Peas, mushrooms, pieces of chicken, and white wine all add up to a combination of multiple flavors in every bite. Heat up the leftovers the very next day for lunch is even better!
A hearty pasta dish with a creamy sauce like this absolutely deserves a full-bodied wine to pair with, needless to say, we always enjoy a fine ruby-fruity red wine to go with it like a Chianti.
We trust our mom …. she really knows how to whip up fabulous dishes.
For More Tasty Pasta Dishes like this one… check out these!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1/2 pound of Farfalle pasta (bow ties pasta)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pound ( 4 pieces) skinless thin chicken cutlets- cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove - sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 + 1/2 cups (10-ounce) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 5 to 6 sundried tomatoes - chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- 8-ounce package of sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup low-fat chicken stock
- 3/4 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano cheese and extra for serving
- In a large pot of water, add 2 teaspoons of salt to the water and raise the heat.
- In the meantime, do the prep work for this dish.
- In a large (12-inch /5 Qt.) round skillet. Heat olive oil and butter together until butter is melted, on medium heat.
- Add chopped onions, garlic slices, and crushed red pepper. Sauté until onions are softened.
- Add chicken pieces and gently stir. Cook chicken for 3 to 5 minutes, until chicken, is fully cooked.
- Next, pour in 1/2 cup of white wine. Simmer and cook until the wine has reduced.
- Then add in the baby peas, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh parsley, and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Then pour in the chicken stock.
- Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered for a few minutes until the mushrooms and peas have softened and tender to the bite, about 4 to 6 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- In a large pot of boiling water, add 1 teaspoon of salt to the water. Toss in the Farfalle pasta and cook according to the directions on the box, approx. 7- 9 minutes, until the pasta is al dente.
- Using a large slotted spoon, carefully take the pasta from the water and allow to drain, then transfer the pasta to the skillet with chicken and vegetables.
- Turn on the heat once again under the skillet.
- Pour half & half into the skillet and simmer on low heat for about 1 minute, stirring the entire mixture.
- Taste the cream sauce and adjust the seasonings with salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese on top and serve immediately.
- Serves 6