These days everyone wants fast and easy when it comes to preparing meals. Pasta with Veal in Lemon Sauce is one of those fast and easy meals and very satisfying! Tender pieces of veal are quickly sauteed with olive oil, garlic and fresh thyme, and tossed with a zesty lemon sauce and penne pasta, creating an exquisite meal in minutes.
A refreshing light and full-flavored pasta dish made with simple ingredients, this pasta with veal in lemon sauce can be ready in 15 minutes!
We haven’t made pasta in a while and my family was craving for it. And, since I had a small package of veal cutlets, containing 2 veal cutlets, I decided to whip up this simple dish.
Pasta with veal in lemon sauce makes a wonderful meal to prepare when you are short for time. And, it’s perfect for any busy weeknight! It offers carbs and protein in one meal.
The lemon sauce comes together in minutes and compliments the tender veal and pasta, making this dish so good, it’s even addicting. Also, for our gluten free friends – use your favorite gluten free pasta!
HOW TO MAKE THIS PASTA DISH:
First, put a pot of water on the stove for the pasta and add some salt to the water. Meanwhile, simply cut veal cutlets into 2-inch strips. I used only 2 veal cutlets, but be my guest and use a few more cutlets. It will depend on how many servings you will need.
It is best to cut the veal into bite-size pieces, the same size as penne pasta.
Next, saute some garlic with olive oil and fresh thyme in a large skillet for about 1 minute, and add in the pieces of veal and continue to saute until the veal is fully cooked, about 2 minutes. Veal cooks up very quickly.
Meanwhile, cook penne pasta until al-dente. Then transfer the pasta into the skillet with the veal. Add lemon juice, butter and fresh chopped parsley and stir to combine.
Stir in grated Parmesan cheese as desired.
I grated a small chunk of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese which melts easily in this dish. Freshly grated cheese is always better and makes a creamier sauce.
This lemon sauce always turns out very light and lemony delicious! Every time we make it!
Perfect meal for kids too!
Pasta with Veal in Lemon Sauce is SO yummy, my family couldn’t stop raving about it and I hope your family will too! Serve alongside with a light salad or a plate of roasted vegetables to make it a complete meal.
Don’t forget to PIN to your DINNER BOARD! …and thanks for sharing!
Looking for more quick and easy pasta dishes? Try these:
Pasta with Veal in Lemon Sauce
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: 3 to 4
Pasta with Veal in Lemon Sauce - is a fast and easy meal you can whip up in 15 minutes from start to finish! Tender bite-size pieces of veal are quickly sauteed in a zesty lemon sauce that makes an exquisite meal in minutes! Perfect for those busy weeknights, making dinner a snap!
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil - divided
- 2 large garlic cloves- thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 thin slices of veal cutlets
- ½ pound ( 8-ounces) penne pasta
- 1 large lemon - juiced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- salt and black pepper to taste
- freshly chopped parsley
- grated Parmigiano -Reggiano cheese, and extra for serving
- Optional: ¼ cup heavy cream
- First, put on a large pot of water and heat to bring to a full boil. Add 2 teaspoons of salt to the water.
- Meanwhile, take 2 slices of veal cutlets and slice into 2-inch strips. Set them aside.
- In a large and deep non-stick skillet, heat olive oil and add the garlic and fresh thyme. Saute for about 2 minutes to flavor the olive oil. Add the veal pieces and saute for about 2 to 3 minutes until the veal is completely cooked. Veal will turn into a pale gray-ish color. Turn off heat. Remove the sprigs of thyme.
- When water comes to a full boil, toss in the pasta. Cook the pasta until it is al-dente, or follow the directions on the box. When pasta is ready, using a large slotted spoon, and transfer the pasta into the skillet with the veal.
- Add the lemon juice, butter and fresh cracked pepper to taste. Turn on the heat. Stir the pasta with veal in lemon sauce until well combined. Top with fresh chopped parsley and taste the pasta. Season with salt to taste.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and up to ¼ cup or more to your liking. The cheese will melt and give a slight creamier sauce.
- Serve immediately with extra grated Parmesan cheese at the table.
- Optional: You can pour in some cream and heat the cream with the pasta on low heat for about 1 minute or so before serving, then serve.
- Yields: 3 to 4 servings