Pasta with Chicken Sun-Dried Tomatoes in a Creamy Wine Sauce. Whole grain pasta tossed with tender pieces of chicken, onions, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes sautéed in reduced white wine and creamy Parmesan cheese sauce…is magnificent!
Planning dinner is sometimes a daunting task, especially when you have a couple of picky eaters in the family that can drive you crazy at times.
So I decided to make a pasta dish and incorporate some thin chicken cutlets I had on hand, along with 2 different kinds of pasta in the pantry, whole-grain penne, and a curly pasta called Gemelli.
I really like mixing the two pastas, because it helps me to “hide” the healthier pasta so no one will notice.
I know it sounds ridiculous, but it works!
Pasta with Chicken Sun-Dried Tomatoes in a Creamy Wine Sauce is easier to make than you think!
The chicken is easily sautéed with the vegetables and wine; absorbing all the savory flavors from the wine and sun-dried tomatoes making this dish so tasty, everyone will be asking for seconds! You can bet on it!
This pasta with chicken sundried tomatoes in a creamy wine sauce turned out really fantastic! Everyone so enjoyed it for dinner, even my picky eaters didn’t complain.
I love this dish because it’s very easy to whip up for lunch or dinner that has the carbs and protein all in one recipe.
…Thanks for Pinning!
For More Tasty Pasta Dishes like this one… check out these!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 onion - chopped
- 4 garlic cloves - chopped
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes- chopped
- 2 to 4 thin chicken cutlets - cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup parmigiana grated cheese
- 1/2 pound Gemelli Pasta
- 3 cups Whole Grain Penne Pasta
- fresh ground pepper
- In a large deep skillet. On medium heat, heat olive oil, and melt butter.
- Add onion, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and crushed red pepper.
- Sauté for a few minutes until onion becomes translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped chicken, the salt, and pepper. Saute and stir the chicken until it is fully cooked, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and simmer for about 2 minutes. Then stir in the cream. Cook the cream for 1 minute and turn off the heat. Cover with a lid.
- In the meantime, in a large saucepot filled with water. Bring water to boil and add some salt to the water. Add both kinds of pasta. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, or until al dente.
- When pasta is ready. Using a large slotted ladle or a mini colander, gently pull the pasta, allow to drain slightly, and transfer directly into the skillet with the cream sauce.
- Turn the heat back on under the skillet and on the lowest setting.
- Add the 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
- Gently stir the pasta with the cream mixture for about 2 minutes.
- Add the parmigiana cheese and stir until well incorporated. Here you can add more cream or more chicken broth, if you like you have a more creamy sauce.
- Add some fresh ground pepper to taste. Transfer pasta to bowls and serve immediately.
- Serves 4