Potato-Cauliflower Soup is a creamy and comforting soup loaded with leftover mashed potatoes, cauliflower, and some Parmesan cheese. Best of all, this luscious and creamy texture soup is then pureed into a silky smooth texture, making it fewer in calories and fat for everyone to love!
Our Easy Potato-Cauliflower Soup…
- This recipe is another delicious way to use your cauliflower!
- The recipe is adapted from my homemade recipe for Mashed-Cauli Potatoes.
- Potato-Cauliflower Soup is not only very tasty, but it’s less starchy compared to a creamy potato soup.
- We love this soup for two reasons; it’s simple and positively delicious! And it makes my first course ready in no time!
My family loves soups, especially creamy texture ones.
Since we’re having some chilly weather again, I decided to make this one.
I had some leftover mashed potatoes from the night before and decided to make a soup with them.
So I took those leftover mashed potatoes and mixed it with steamed cauliflower, onions, vegetable broth, and grated Parmesan cheese.
And this potato-cauliflower soup was born!
This soup was not only good, it was much easier to make – for sure!
You’ll be amazed how light, creamy and so tasty it turned out!
It’s the perfect starter to serve for this season, especially on chilly nights.
Serve with your favorite sandwiches, or with our Grilled Cheese and Pear Sandwich, and you ‘ll have an easy dinner.
Here’s a Great Tip…
If you plan to make mashed potatoes as a side dish for dinner this week, make extra! And plan to use the leftovers to make this soup, the very next day. You can use anywhere from 1 cup to 3 cups of mashed potatoes with this recipe.
Our Potato-Cauliflower Soup is an ideal soup to make with leftover mashed potatoes from the night before.
As the final touch, I added a few drops of extra-virgin olive oil on top, to give it an additional rich-savory flavor to the soup.
Everyone enjoyed it! Try our recipe, and leave a comment on the bottom.
Finally, Additional Delicious Soup Recipes!
- Creamy Butternut Squash Potato Soup
- Cauliflower Kale Soup with Crunchy Kale
- Potato Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
… Thanks for PINNING!
Are you cooking or baking with us? If you try our delicious potato-cauliflower soup, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating in our recipe card! Have fun and snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram and on Pinterest; be sure to tag us @2sistersrecipes.
We’d love to see what you cook!
Happy Cooking! 🙂
- 1 cauliflower- cord, rinsed, cut into pieces
- 3 cups ( leftover) mashed potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion- chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra-virgin olive oil to garnish
- In a large sauce pot filled(1/4 amount) with water, bring water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cover. Boil cauliflower for about 4 to 6 minutes, until tender. Drain and mash the cauliflower.
- In the meantime, sauté onions with olive oil in a small pan until onions become soft and translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer onions to the large pot with mashed cauliflower. Turn on low heat and stir the onions with cauliflower for about 1 minute.
- Add 3 cups of mashed potatoes, nutmeg, and vegetable broth. Bring soup to a low boil. Then simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat. Transfer half the mixture to a blender and blend for a few seconds. Transfer back to the pot. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with a few drops of extra virgin olive oil on top.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 9.9gCarbohydrates: 25.3gFiber: 2.4gSugar: 2.3gProtein: 14g
Also, NEVER MISS our Recipes! Subscribe to 2 Sisters Recipes! Get our recipes “FREE” and all new posts, with reminders of some great older ones too!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!