Potato-Cauliflower Soup ~ is a creamy and comforting soup loaded with leftover mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower and some Parmesan cheese. Best of all, this luscious and creamy texture soup is made without a ton of butter and no cream, making it fewer in calories and fat for everyone to love!
Another delicious way to use your cauliflower is to add them to soups!
Potato-Cauliflower Soup is very tasty and less starchy compared to a creamy potato soup.
My family loves soups, especially creamy texture ones. Since they were craving for one, I decided to come up with a new one.
Potato-Cauliflower Soup is easily made with some leftover mashed potatoes from the night before, and mixing it with steamed cauliflower, onions, vegetable broth and Parmesan cheese. This soup was not only good, it was much much easier to make – for sure!
Simple and delicious, making your first course ready in no time!
You’ll be amazed how this Potato-Cauliflower Soup turned out so light, creamy and very tasty!
Perfect for this season, especially on chilly nights. As a final touch, I added a few drops of extra-virgin olive oil on top. It gives an additional savory flavor to the soup.
Everyone enjoyed it! I guess will be making this Potato- Cauliflower Soup all winter long, especially when I have leftover mashed potatoes from the night before – just an easy tip to use some of those mashed leftovers!
Here’s a Tip: If you plan to make mashed potatoes as a side dish for dinner, then make extra and plan to use the leftovers to make this soup, the very next day. You can use anywhere from 1 cup to 3 cups of mashed potatoes with this recipe.
Are you cooking or baking with us? If you make this delicious recipe, let us know and leave a comment! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes and on Pinterest.
We’d love to see what you cook! Happy Cooking! 🙂
xo Anna and Liz
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Soup / First Course
Serves: 4 to 6
Potato-Cauliflower Soup ~ is a creamy and comforting soup made with leftover mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower and some Parmesan cheese to create a luscious creamy texture without a ton of butter or cream, making this one fewer in calories and lighter in texture, everyone will love!
- 1 cauliflower- cord, rinsed, cut into pieces
- 3 cups ( leftover) mashed potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion- chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) low-sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra-virgin olive oil to garnish
- In a large sauce pot filled(1/4 amount) with water, bring water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cover. Boil cauliflower for about 4 to 6 minutes, until tender. Drain and mash the cauliflower.
- In the meantime, sauté onions with olive oil in a small pan until onions become soft and translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer onions to the large pot with mashed cauliflower. Turn on low heat and stir the onions with cauliflower for about 1 minute.
- Add 3 cups of mashed potatoes, nutmeg, and vegetable broth. Bring soup to a low boil. Then simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat. Transfer half the mixture to a blender and blend for a few seconds. Transfer back to the pot. Stir in the grated parmesan cheese.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with a few drops of extra virgin olive oil on top.
- Serve immediately.