Potato-Cauliflower Soup is a creamy and comforting soup loaded with leftover mashed potatoes, cauliflower, and some Parmesan cheese. Best of all, this luscious and creamy texture soup is then pureed into a silky smooth texture, making it fewer in calories and fat for everyone to love!
Our Easy Potato-Cauliflower Soup…
- This recipe is another delicious way to use your cauliflower!
- The recipe is adapted from my homemade recipe for Mashed-Cauli Potatoes.
- Potato-Cauliflower Soup is not only very tasty, but it’s less starchy compared to a creamy potato soup.
- We love this soup for two reasons; it’s simple and positively delicious! And it makes my first course ready in no time!
My family loves soups, especially creamy texture ones.
Since we’re having some chilly weather again, I decided to make this one.
I had some leftover mashed potatoes from the night before and decided to make a soup with them.
So I took those leftover mashed potatoes and mixed it with steamed cauliflower, onions, vegetable broth, and grated Parmesan cheese.
And this potato-cauliflower soup was born!
This soup was not only good, it was much easier to make – for sure!
You’ll be amazed how light, creamy and so tasty it turned out!
It’s the perfect starter to serve for this season, especially on chilly nights.
Serve with your favorite sandwiches, or with our Grilled Cheese and Pear Sandwich, and you ‘ll have an easy dinner.
Here’s a Great Tip…
If you plan to make mashed potatoes as a side dish for dinner this week, make extra! And plan to use the leftovers to make this soup, the very next day. You can use anywhere from 1 cup to 3 cups of mashed potatoes with this recipe.
Our Potato-Cauliflower Soup is an ideal soup to make with leftover mashed potatoes from the night before.
As the final touch, I added a few drops of extra-virgin olive oil on top, to give it an additional rich-savory flavor to the soup.
Everyone enjoyed it! Try our recipe, and leave a comment on the bottom.
Finally, Additional Delicious Soup Recipes!
- Creamy Butternut Squash Potato Soup
- Cauliflower Kale Soup with Crunchy Kale
- Potato Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
… Thanks for PINNING!
Are you cooking or baking with us? If you try our delicious potato-cauliflower soup, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating in our recipe card! Have fun and snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram and on Pinterest; be sure to tag us @2sistersrecipes.
We’d love to see what you cook!
Happy Cooking! 🙂
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Potato-Cauliflower Soup ~ is a creamy and comforting soup made with leftover mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower and some Parmesan cheese to create a luscious creamy texture without a ton of butter or cream, making this one fewer in calories and lighter in texture, everyone will love!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 cauliflower- cord, rinsed, cut into pieces
- 3 cups ( leftover) mashed potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion- chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra-virgin olive oil to garnish
- In a large sauce pot filled(1/4 amount) with water, bring water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cover. Boil cauliflower for about 4 to 6 minutes, until tender. Drain and mash the cauliflower.
- In the meantime, sauté onions with olive oil in a small pan until onions become soft and translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer onions to the large pot with mashed cauliflower. Turn on low heat and stir the onions with cauliflower for about 1 minute.
- Add 3 cups of mashed potatoes, nutmeg, and vegetable broth. Bring soup to a low boil. Then simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat. Transfer half the mixture to a blender and blend for a few seconds. Transfer back to the pot. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with a few drops of extra virgin olive oil on top.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 9.9gCarbohydrates: 25.3gFiber: 2.4gSugar: 2.3gProtein: 14g
What a delicious soup! I've definitely been in soup mode lately and this sounds like it would hit the spot.
What a great way to use left overs! This soup looks perfect for a fallish day. Thank you!
Hey Anna & Liz! This soup looks great and I love that you used leftover mashed potatoes. I never know what to do with those, as they never taste the same the next night unless you slather them in gravy that is. Cauliflower soup is one of our favorite soups so I'm sure with the addition of mashed potatoes, it would be even better. xoxo, Jackie
Anyone who is able to take something as mundane sounding as cauliflower and potatoes and put them together in a soup that looks this delicious, beautiful, and appetizing, is in possession of nothing less than pure talent. Great job with this post; I love it!
Thanks Dan for the awesome comment. You are so sweet, and a great guy!
My husband has been requesting cauliflower soup for some time now – but I never thought to add potatoes – I think that's brilliant! Beautiful soup – love the olive oil garnish 🙂
Thanks Tricia. My husband is always skeptical when I am experimenting with food, especially when its for dinner; but he absolutely LOVED this one, and that's not always the case in my house. I hope your family will enjoy it as much. 🙂