Easy Mashed Cauli-Potatoes. Mashed Cauliflower is blended with mashed potatoes along with butter, half and half, and salt to create a creamy and velvety new mashed cauli-potatoes! Smooth and delicious, this healthy version may become your new favorite mashed potatoes!
The taste of cauliflower is completely hidden in these mashed potatoes, giving that extra bonus, plus it’s a clever way to hide them! These mashed cauli-potatoes are so good, we think they will trump any mashed potatoes out there!
My friend Nicole stopped by one day with a container filled with her creamy mashed potatoes, and while I was enjoying some, she tells me they were blended with mashed cauliflower. My reaction?
WOW! I had no idea and couldn’t tell the difference.
In fact, I thought to myself – this is genius! Nicole makes it often for her twins, mainly to disguise the cauliflower in order to get them to eat extra veggie nutrients. And I have to tell you, it tasted amazing! Just like you’re eating the basic mashed potatoes.
We love cauliflower and always try to think of new ways to cook or incorporate this wonderful vegetable inside or main dishes.
How to Make Easy Mashed Cauli-Potatoes!
Here’s how you do it. Simply rinse, cord, and break off the florets of the cauliflower. Boil for a few minutes, drain and mash them.
At the same time, boil your favorite white potatoes, drain, and mash. Mix the two together along with butter, half and half and season with salt to taste.
Then blend with a hand mixer until you get a smooth creamy texture.
You will love the fact that you are giving your family all the nutrients that both cauliflower and potatoes offer, as it offers less starch in each serving.
After one taste, you’ll be hooked! They are that good!
Mashed Cauli-Potatoes or mashed potatoes with cauliflower or cauli-mashed potatoes, whichever you may call this, is one recipe you’ll have to try!
This recipe for mashed cauli-potatoes makes a wonderful side dish to serve with your favorite roast with brown gravy for this season. And who knows, it may be your new favorite side dish for this holiday season.
A definite keeper! Thanks to Nicole!
A Great Tip: When planning to make this, it’s a good idea to try to measure up for equal portions.
I added one more potato = to the cauliflower
More Recipes for Potatoes!
Best Creamy Mashed Potatoes (How to Make Mashed Potatoes)
- 1 small head cauliflower (or 1/2 of medium), cut into florets only
- 4 medium Yukon potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 Tbsp. (1/2 stick) salted butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Bring a medium-size pot filled halfway with water to boil, add cauliflower florets and cover with a lid. Simmer on a low boil for 15 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender (cauliflower is ready when a fork can slide easily through). Remove and drain.
- Mash cauliflower with a potato masher. Set aside.
- Meantime, in another medium pot, filled 1/2 way with water, bring to boil, add the potatoes and simmer on a low boil for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft and tender. Drain and return potatoes back into the pot. Add butter and half and half. Mash the potatoes.
- Transfer the mashed cauliflower into the pot with mashed potatoes. Mix to combine. Taste, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- The final step, use an electric hand mixer and blend together for about 2 minutes until you get a creamy, smooth, and velvety texture. (You may add more milk or half and half to get the consistency you prefer). Transfer to a serving bowl and serve. Or cover to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Yields: 6 to 8 servings
…Thanks for Pinning!
If you try our easy mashed cauli-potatoes recipe, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating!
Have fun and snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest. We’d love to see what you cook!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post!
Happy and Healthy Cooking! 😉
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!