10 Favorite Thanksgiving Sides. If you’re planning to host this year’s Thanksgiving Dinner or just looking for an impressive side dish to bring as a guest, here are 10 Favorite Thanksgiving Sides for you to choose from. PLUS eight more! These are tried and true, budget-friendly, and tasty recipes! Any one of these recipes will make a statement on your buffet table!
Thinking about Side Dishes for Thanksgiving…
Thanksgiving is about 3 weeks away, and some of us are already planning our menu for dinner, or brunch. It’s easy to get stuck in a rut making the same side dishes again and again.
Wouldn’t it be refreshing to mix things up by bringing some new side dishes and flavors into the holiday? That’s why we put a list of some of our most popular side dishes for you to try.
So take a look and maybe choose one or two recipes from our list!
Also, all these side dishes can be made one or even 2 days ahead and reheated for the holiday.
10 Favorite Sides Dishes for Thanksgiving…
1. Mom’s Best Mashed Potato Pie: Our mom’s potato pie is very light, fluffy, creamy, and delicious! After one bite, your guests will ask you for this recipe. It’s DELICIOUS!
2. Broccoli and Bleu Cheese Casserole: This casserole is creamy and mouthwatering cheesy! No one will ever notice the bleu cheese in this one. Trust me on that. – it’s DIVINE!
3. Baked Kale, Broccoli, Cauliflower and Cheese: This is super easy to put together and bake. Plus, there’s enough cheese over these vegetables to make everyone happy, including the picky eaters!
4. Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon: Sweet potatoes just got a whole lot better with this simple recipe. Melt-in-your-mouth and roasted with 3 ingredients, make these sweet potatoes out-of-this-world! No marshmallows are needed either. And, you can make it ahead and reheat!
5. Sauteed Green Beans with Onions: Tasty and full of flavor, these green beans always turn out fabulous!! Vegans will love this one too!
6. Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon are thrown together in one baking pan and roasted until they turn crispy, crunchy, and savory! Simple, easy, and BIG on flavor! They never disappoint.
7. Try our Crunchy Broccoli Raisins Walnut Salad! It’s loaded with fresh vegetables and tossed with a simple vinaigrette. Best of all, you can make this salad one day ahead! This salad has a refreshing and clean taste, everyone will rave about it!
8. Baked Peas and Artichoke Hearts is a simple casserole made with frozen peas and frozen artichoke hearts, toss with a few more ingredients, and bake until the vegetables are perfectly tender. Simple, practically effortless, and delicious! A perfect dish to add more veggies to your table.
9. Sweet Mashed Potatoes with Mascarpone Cheese: Looking for different mashed potatoes? This one may be just the dish you’re looking for. We skipped the marshmallows and made this recipe much healthier. And even after you reheat them, they keep their velvety texture and savory flavor! Great recipe and a definite keeper.
10. Healthy Italian Butternut Sweet Potato Casserole: Loaded with butternut squash and sweet potatoes along with some Italian pancetta to make it savory and delicious tasting. Omit the pancetta and this casserole is VEGAN! It’s also Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, and Whole 30. A healthier casserole for everyone to enjoy!
Also, here are 11 Wines to Pair with Food... to help you with some tips!
When it comes to Thanksgiving, we know it’s all about the side dishes. And you can’t go wrong with any of these tasty recipes.
But keep in mind, their sheer deliciousness also fits a typical any-day-of-the-week dinner.
- Mom's Best Mashed Potato Pie
- Broccoli and Bleu Cheese Casserole
- Baked Kale Broccoli Cauliflower and Cheese
- Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon
- Sautéed Green Beans with Onions
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Crunchy Broccoli Raisins Walnut Salad
- Baked Peas and Artichokes Hearts
- Sweet Mashed Potatoes with Mascarpone Cheese
- Healthy Italian Butternut Sweet Potato Casserole
- Choose your favorite recipe.
- Gather all the ingredients needed for that recipe.
- Follow the directions on that recipe, then decided if you prefer to make ahead and chill or serve immediately.
More Popular Side Dishes You’ll Love:
- EASY Stuffed Mushrooms
- Green Bean Creamy Casserole
- Healthy Apple Bok Choy Salad
- Roasted Lemon-Garlic Potatoes
- Easy Butter Bean Salad
- Best Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Sauteed Mushrooms
- Mashed Cauli-Potatoes
- Creamy Potato and Zucchini Au Gratin
- Peas and Mushrooms Recipe
Do You Have a Favorite Side Dish? Please tell us, we’d love to know…
Subscribe BELOW! … and get all new recipes “FREE!”
Happy and Healthy Cooking! 🙂
xo Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!