Easy Sauteed Mushrooms are white button mushrooms sliced and sauteed with butter, fresh garlic, white wine, teriyaki sauce and finished off with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil for extra flavor. Button mushrooms are not just for salads. These days easy sauteed mushrooms can become a favorite as a delicious side dish, or an appetizer. Add them directly on top of steaks, chicken or veal, or serve them on crusty bread as a mushroom bruschetta.
Today I had to post this recipe for one main reason, everyone has been asking how do I make these sauteed mushrooms, and I just realized that in all these years I never posted this simple recipe.
So let’s get started, shall we?
What kind of mushrooms should we buy?
I prefer button mushrooms, they are white, round shaped mushrooms. They seem to be the most common variety of edible mushrooms and can be found in most supermarkets around the world.
Button mushrooms are perfect for this recipe, and other mushrooms could easily work as well.
They are loaded with vitamins and minerals and are known to help reduce inflammation. A win-win for everyone!
White button mushrooms are sold in small or large containers. My recipe is based on using an 8-ounce container which serves 2 to 3 servings. If you are going to prepare a larger portion for a gathering, just double some of the ingredients to this recipe.
Keep in mind, you will need to give them a good rinse to these mushrooms before slicing them. Drain, or gently pat dry with a paper towel.
Then slice each mushroom thinly, approximately 1/4-inch to 1/3-inch. This will ensure they will cook quickly and become tender to the bite.
Besides, if you slice the mushrooms too thick; as a result, they might turn out too rubbery.
Easy sauteed mushrooms are flavorful and quick and easy to make!
Simply toss them into the skillet with lots of garlic, olive oil and a few more ingredients and let them simmer until they are golden brown and tender. Then serve! …that’s it.
Fresh garlic really gives a punch of flavor to them and so does red crushed pepper. So be sure not to leave those out.
From start to finish, easy sauteed mushrooms are ready in less than 15 minutes!
These mushrooms as a side dish are terrific served with roasted meats and poultry. Serve them over our London Broil Steak, or along side with our Chicken Cutlets with Garlicky Asparagus, or with our Parmesan Crusted Turkey Cutlets.
Or you can eat them alone!
These sauteed mushrooms always taste amazing!! So flavorful, I bet it will be the first thing that will disappear from your table.
Try them! I think you will love these easy sauteed mushrooms as much as we do!
A COOK’S NOTES:
1. What if I don’t have white wine? You can use red wine with this recipe, it will work just fine.
2. If I don’t have any garlic, can I make them without it? Yes, but you may use chopped onions (1 medium size) sauteing them first to soften, and add in some garlic powder to give them flavor.
3. No need to dry them after they are rinsed. Just toss them into a colander, and allow them to drain while you slice them.
Thanks for Pinning!
Some other additional recipes for mushrooms you might enjoy…
That’s it friends! Feel free to leave a comment and a star rating below.
We’d love to hear from you. 🙂
Easy Sauteed Mushrooms
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Vegetable Side Dish
Serves: 2 to 3 servings
Easy Sauteed Mushrooms are white button mushrooms sliced and sauteed with butter, fresh garlic, white wine, teriyaki sauce and finished off with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil for extra flavor. Delicious to serve as a side dish, or an appetizer, or to top steaks, chicken or veal.
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil - divided
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 small container (about ½ pound) about 16 button mushrooms, rinsed
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ Tbsp. dry white wine
- ½ Tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- freshly chopped parsley, as garnish
- Slice the mushrooms using a sharp knife, about ¼-inch to ⅓-inch thick. Set them aside.
- In a medium size skillet, heat butter with ½ tablespoon of olive oil. Toss in the garlic and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes. Stir for about 1 minute to fragrant the butter.
- Toss in sliced mushrooms and simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Stir in the white wine and teriyaki sauce and season with a little salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes or more until the mushrooms turn golden brown, and are tender to the bite. Turn off heat when mushrooms are done.
- Then drizzle on top with the remaining ½ tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Finally, taste them once more and adjust the salt and black pepper to your liking.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley on top. Serve warm.
- Yields: 2 to 3 servings
Hi everyone! Are you cooking with us? If you try this recipe for easy sauteed mushrooms, please let us know. Your feedback is very important to us and our followers.
Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest. It makes us happy to see what you cook!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post! Also, you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Thanks for stopping by!
Anna and Liz 🙂