London Broil Steak Grilled to Perfection always turns out moist, juicy, and tender every time! Making dinner alfresco can be very enjoyable! We love to cook, but when it comes to grilling steaks, only my husband does it best! He has it down to a science (so he thinks). When he grills, he gets it right – no matter the size of the steak. He can grill a London Broil Beef Steak to perfection!
London Broil grilled this way always turns out perfect! Whether you grill it outside or cook it in the oven try these simple cooking tips.
Serve this great steak with our simple Italian Tomato Salad and some crusty bread, or with our homemade cheesy mini biscuits on the side and it’s a simple and delicious dinner!
Also, there are a few great choices of wine to serve with this kind of meat. You can pair it with great wines that have a deep red velvet color and taste, like a Chianti Riserva, or choose one from 11 Wines to Pair with Food, to complete an exquisite dinner with family and friends.
Tips on How to Grill a London Broil Steak to Perfection?
- First, you must allow the meat to warm up to room temperature, for at least one hour before you cook it.
- It is equally important to heat your grill until extremely hot before you throw the meat onto it.
- The thickness of the steak is as important, it should be a good cut and at least two inches thick. This will always guarantee while grilling it on the BBQ, the outside of the steak may be charred but the inside will be very tender and juicy.
- Also, adding butter on top of the meat while grilling is crucial to giving the meat its tender and juicy flavors. Butter makes a huge difference in taste and you will notice the difference the first time you add it to the meat. So don’t skip it.
How To Grill London Broil on the BBQ?
*You can follow along below with our step-by-step on this recipe, or jump down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe card.
1. First, allow the steak to warm up! Minimum 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Heat the grill outside for about 10 minutes. Place the meat onto a dish, and allow it to warm up at room temperature. Lightly sprinkle both sides of the steak with salt. Once the grill is extremely hot (should be about 600 degrees on the BBQ Thermometer), place the meat onto the grill. Close the lid.
3. Cook the steak for about 3 minutes, then open the lid and flip over the meat. NOW LEAVE the lid open.
4. Add garlic powder and black pepper generously on top.
*QUICK NOTE: Depending on the size of your grill and how many BTUs it generates, you can lower the heat to “medium-high.”
Next, place 2 tablespoons of butter on top of the meat to melt while cooking. And cook for an additional 3 minutes.
5. Flip over the meat again to the other side. Sprinkle with garlic powder and black pepper again.
Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter on top. Cook the steak for 4 minutes more.
*NOTE: Keep in mind, that the butter will increase the “flames” for a few seconds…. and that’s OK. But you can lower the heat to help decrease those flames.
Total time, is about 7 minutes on each side of the meat, for medium. And about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
6. Remove the meat and allow it to sit on a cutting board for a few minutes before serving.
7. Then carve the meat at a slight angle. Slice thinly and serve immediately.
London Broil Steak Grilled to Perfection!!
What sides to serve with it?
There are so many options for sides to serve with our London Broil Steak.
- Oven Steak Fries – Restaurant Style!
- Spring Tomato Basil Bocconcini Salad
- Authentic Tzatziki Sauce
- Favorite Greek Salad
- EASY Sauteed Mushrooms
- Mom’s Roasted Low-Calorie Asparagus
- Sweet Garden Peas with Onions and Caper
- Best Beef Gravy
And finally, enjoy these additional recipes:
- The Perfect Filet Mignon Roast
- Filet Mignon with Cognac Peppercorn Sauce
- Lamb Chops Grilled to Perfection!
- Oven-Baked Brisket
- Grilled Flank Steak with Olive Oil & Garlic
- 5 Barbecue Sauces to Make This Summer!
- And for more TIPS, plus a GUIDE to help you grill steaks perfectly, try our post on How To Grill Steak Perfectly.
…Thanks for Pinning!
That’s it friends!
If you try our recipe for London Broil steak grilled to perfection, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating below! We’d love to hear from you! Sharing your experience and insights will not only help all our readers, but it will help us too.
- 1 London Broil Steak (about 2 pounds) at least 2-inches thick
- 4 Tbsp. of salted butter- divided
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. of black pepper or freshly cracked pepper
- salt, to taste
- First, allow the steak to warm up! Minimum 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat grill outside for about 10 minutes. Place the meat onto a dish, and allow it to warm up at room temperature. Lightly sprinkle both sides of the steak with salt. Once the grill is extremely hot (should be 600 degrees on the BBQ Thermometer), place the meat onto the grill. Close the lid.
- Cook the steak for about 3 minutes, then open the lid and flip over the meat. Leave the lid open.
- Add the garlic powder and black pepper generously on top. Place 2 Tbsp. of butter on top of the meat to melt while cooking. And cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Flip over the meat again to the other side. Sprinkle with garlic powder and black pepper again.
- Add the other 2 Tbsp. of butter on top. Cook the steak for 4 minutes more. Total about 7 minutes on each side of the meat, for medium. And 5 minutes or less for rare.
- Remove the meat and allow it to sit on a cutting board for a few minutes before serving.
- Then carve the meat at a slight angle. Slice thinly and serve immediately.
- Serves 6
Serving Size:4 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Protein: 24g
…Thanks for PINNING!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ Below! … and get new recipes “FREE” every time we post and a reminder of some great older ones too! Thanks for stopping by…
Happy Grilling! 🙂
xo anna and liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!