How to make Lamb Chops Grilled to Perfection! Succulent lamb chops are charred on the outside and juicy and tender on the inside, making them irresistible! Grilling lamb chops is easier than you think! But when it comes to grilling them, my husband has a few easy tips to help you to grill these lamb chops perfectly without burning them to a crisp, along with his marinade to make them tasty and delicious!
How to Grill Lamb Chops to Perfection?
We love to cook, but when it comes to grilling, I let my husband take over. And I admit, his passion for grilling supersedes my cooking.
First, here are a few easy TIPS on how to get Lamb Chops Grilled to Perfection!
First, it’s very important to allow the lamb chops to warm up to room temperature, before grilling them. And my husband prefers to do this while they are marinating in his favorite marinade. It is equally important to heat your grill to very hot.
Second, it’s best to season and marinate your lamb chops before they go on the grill. Then place them on the top rack, then close the lid and grill for 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
Third, then transfer lamb chops to the bottom grill and finish grilling them for a few minutes more, while leaving the lid open, with 3 to 5 minutes each side.
For this recipe, we used 8 lambs chops, which amounts to one small full rack.
If you purchase a full rack at Costco as I did here, you will have to be careful as you cut each lamb chop through the bone.
How to Cut a Rack of Lamb?
- It’s best to use a good sharp knife or cleaver to cut them with.
- Or to make it easier for yourself, buy them already pre-cut at your local butcher shop or supermarket.
The secret to making these lamb chops so tasty and delicious – is in the marinade!
My husband’s marinade is made with 6 ingredients; extra virgin olive oil, lots of garlic powder, salt, black pepper, dried rosemary (or fresh rosemary), and lemon juice. That’s it!
No-fuss at all! Just simple ingredients.
Lamb Chops Grilled to Perfection is marinated first, then grilled on the upper rack of your outside grill for a few minutes on each side before placing them directly on the grill to finish them off.
Let’s Start with the Marinade:
1. Drizzle olive oil across the bottom of the pan. Then sprinkle a generous amount of garlic powder on top of the olive oil, and place each lamb chop on top of that in the pan. This will start to marinate the lamb chops on the bottom of them.
2. Next, lightly drizzle with olive oil on top of each lamb chop. Sprinkle on the top with some salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and dried or fresh rosemary. Then squeeze a generous amount of fresh lemon juice over them, about 2 lemons.
3. Set them aside and let them sit to marinate for about 10 to 15 minutes, and to warm up to room temperature, while you are heating up your grill.
Then carefully spray your grill with cooking spray, spraying both the top rack and main rack of your grill so the meat doesn’t stick.
4. When lamb chops are ready to grill, place them on the upper rack of your outside grill and close the lid. Allow the chops to grill for a few minutes, turning them over once, about 3 to 5 minutes on each side or more, depending on how thick they are.
5. Open the lid, and transfer the lamb chops onto the bottom rack to finish them off, grilling for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, turning them over once or twice. Pour lemon juice over the lamb chops as they are cooking on the bottom grill. This will keep them moist and juicy.
A GRILLING TIP:
Grilling times will vary, depending on how thick the lamb chops are, and if you prefer them rare, medium, or well done. So keep an eye on them.
Sides to Serve with Grilled Lamb Chops…
Serve these lamb chops with any of these sides and a glass of Chardonnay for a wonderful evening dinner.
Also, try another recipe for Grilled Lamb Chops with Garlic, Lemon Wine and Herbs, with tips on how to grill them inside on the stovetop!
… thanks so much for Pinning!
MORE Tasty Recipes for Meat!
- The Perfect Filet Mignon Roast
- Filet Mignon with Cognac Peppercorn Sauce
- Filet Mignon Grilled with Bacon
- Sausage Links Grilled Perfectly
- London Broil Steak Grilled to Perfection
- OVEN-BAKED BRISKET
- One rack of lamb chops - about 8 individual lamp chops
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- table salt
- black pepper
- dried or fresh rosemary
- 3 large lemons - divided
- olive oil cooking spray
- Drizzle olive oil across the bottom of the pan. Then sprinkle a generous amount of garlic powder on top of the olive oil, and place each lamb chop on top of that olive oil in the pan. This will start to marinate the lamb chops on the bottom of them.
- Next, lightly drizzle with olive oil on top of each lamb chop.
- Sprinkle on the top each lamb chop with some salt, black pepper, garlic powder and dried or fresh rosemary.
- Then squeeze a generous amount of fresh lemon juice over them, about 2 lemons. Set them aside to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- TURN on your outside grill to High heat. Wait for the grill to heat up.
- Then carefully spray your grill with cooking spray, spraying both the upper rack and main rack of your grill so the meat doesn't stick.
- When lamb chops are ready to grill, place them on the upper rack of your outside grill and close the lid. Allow the chops to grill for a few minutes, turning them over once or twice, about 3 to 5 minutes each side, depending on how thick they are.
- NEXT, Open the lid, and transfer the lamb chops to the bottom rack to finish them off, grilling for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, turning them over once or twice (grilling with lid open). Pour the juice of the third lemon over the lamb chops while they are cooking on the bottom grill.
- Grilling times will vary, depending on how thick the lamb chops are, and if you prefer them rare, medium or well done. So keep an eye on them.
- Remove and transfer to a serving platter with extra lemon wedges on the side and serve.
- Yields: 3 to 4 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Total Fat: 10gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 0.3gFiber: 0.1gSugar: 0.1gProtein: 4.8g
Hello friends! Are you cooking with us? If you make these delicious lamp chops, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating below! Sharing your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps us too!
Also, for more delicious Lamb Chops Grilled to Perfection recipes, follow us on Instagram and on Pinterest. Snap a photo and hashtag us @2sistersrecipes!
We’d love to see what you cook!
Also, enter your email in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and receive new recipes FREE every time we post!
Happy Grilling! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!