Chicken Thighs with Ginger Honey & Mustard
Chicken Thighs with Ginger Honey & Mustard are tasty, juicy and tender! These chicken thighs are amazingly easy to prep, bake and serve! When you combine fresh ginger, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, and honey, you get a favorable umami savory taste in these chicken thighs that make you crave for more! Perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
These chicken thighs turn out delicious every time!
This chicken dish is effortless; the only prep work is in the cleaning and rinsing of the thighs.
But, once you have done that, the rest is easy!
First, season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then, pour the marinade over the chicken and top with grated fresh ginger.
Bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes until perfect!
If you’d like, you can double the marinade recipe for more sauce in order to add some to your steamed rice or noodles.
When you bake chicken thighs with this simple marinade, they turn out flavorful. We often grill chicken thighs on the barbecue, but I prefer to bake them in the oven, simply because it’s faster and easier!
Keep in mind, you don’t want to over bake the chicken or they will turn out dry.
Ingredients Needed for Chicken Thighs with Ginger Honey & Mustard:
For this easy recipe, you will need:
1 package of chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
extra virgin olive oil
low sodium soy sauce
fresh ginger is grated over the thighs, about 1 tablespoon
Seasonings: salt pepper, and garlic powder
fresh green onions
Can we use Chicken Tenders or Chicken Cutlets with this recipe?
I believe you can use chicken tenders or chicken cutlets with this recipe. But your baking time will vary and will need less baking time required, so keep an eye on them.
Chicken Thighs with Ginger Honey & Mustard is a delicious dish to serve the family. Sometimes homemade is better than take-out!
Serve these chicken thighs with steamed rice and a green salad as a side and dinner is ready to serve. Try this recipe, you’ll be glad you did!
Don’t forget to Pin this one to your Dinner Board! Thanks again!
For more delicious recipes, follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter! If you have any questions, please ask away! You may also enjoy our recipe for Chicken Thighs with Lemon Garlic and Thyme.
More Tasty Chicken Recipes!
6 Easy Weeknight Chicken Cutlet Dinners
Chicken with Dijon Wine Cream Sauce
Chicken Wonton Soup
Chicken Pot Pie Without Pie Crust
Chicken Thighs with Ginger Honey & Mustard
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 pound (16-ounces) chicken thighs
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and black pepper for seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. honey
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- fresh ginger - for grating
- fresh green onions - chopped
- Preheat oven to Bake 375 degrees F (190C).
- Wash and clean chicken thighs thoroughly, remove any excess fat, skin, and veins from the thighs. Rinse thighs a few times until the water comes clean. Drain chicken in a small colander.
- In a 10-inch baking dish, spread olive oil on the bottom of the dish. Place the thighs into the baking dish.
- Season with salt and black pepper over the chicken. Then scatter garlic powder over them.
- In a small bowl, stir honey, soy sauce, and mustard together. Then drizzle the sauce over the chicken.
- Finally, grate some fresh ginger over all the chicken thighs generously.
- Place the baking dish, uncovered on the middle rack.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with freshly chopped green onions before serving. Serve warm.
- Serves 3 to 4 servings
If you make these chicken thighs with ginger honey & mustard, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating! We’d love to hear from you. Sharing your insights and experiences helps everyone who reads them, and helps us too! Snap a photo and share it on social media, be sure to tag us @2sistersrecipes or hashtag #2sistersrecipes.
Don’t forget to enter your email in our weekly ‘Subscribe Box’ and be the first to get new recipes every time we post, and reminders of great older ones too!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Happy Baking 🙂
xo Anna and Liz
This sounds wonderful and I love those flavors. I have chicken drummies in the freezer so think I’ll try this on them 🙂
That sounds wonderful Susan! Please come back and let me know how the drumsticks turn out with this recipe!
This sounds great! I love the flavors, and the color. I’m a huge chicken fan, and never get tired of new ways to cook it, so thank you. I also like your idea of pairing it with rice and a salad. I would definitely do that.
Thanks Jeff! This one is a winner! And I’m sure you will enjoy this recipe! Have a great day! 🙂