Love Chicken Piccata? Then try these boneless Chicken Tenders Smothered in a delicious Lemon and Parsley sauce. It makes an exquisite dish that can be easily prepared in one skillet. Perfect entrée for a busy weeknight and one that makes dinner a snap!
Chicken Tenders Smothered in Lemon…
Chicken tenderloins cook up quickly.
Simple ingredients are what make this chicken dish so flavorful.
Sauteing and simmering all the ingredients in one skillet, allows all the flavors to infuse into the chicken tenders easily.
It’s what truly makes this dish worthy to cook.
This chicken recipe makes a satisfying dish and can be served with an easy side of steamed rice, or with easy garlic mashed potatoes.
The lemon and parsley sauce is what makes these chicken tenders so delicious and worthy to cook!
- You can’t go wrong with this recipe or mess it up. It turns out perfect every time.
- Even the leftovers are better the next day, and reheat beautifully!
- This easy recipe is adaptable too!
Need more lemon sauce? Sure. Just add in additional lemon juice, white wine, and chicken broth.
Don’t like capers? No problem… omit them and adjust the salt at the end.
Ingredients Needed for this recipe…
- chicken tenders (or tenderloins)
- fresh parsley
- vegetable or chicken broth
- flour or GF flour
- white wine
How To Make Chicken Tenders Smothered in Lemon and Parsley?
There are a few easy steps to follow…
Before we start, it is best to quickly rinse the chicken and drain them. Then prep and chop some fresh Italian parsley.
Next, grab a large skillet and heat olive oil and butter over moderate heat.
STEP 1: Take each chicken tender, one by one, and dredge each one in flour, coating both sides. Then add them to the skillet. Saute for a few minutes, browning the bottoms, then turn them over and saute the other side for a few minutes.
STEP 2: Toss in capers, pour in the wine, and cover with a lid. Simmer for a few minutes.
STEP 3: Uncover, add the lemon juice, chicken broth (or vegetable broth), and lots of freshly chopped parsley. Cover, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes more.
Turn off the heat and serve.
Cook’s Notes and Tips for Success:
- Fresh parsley gives this sauce its fresh flavor. So please don’t skip it.
- The longer the chicken sits after it’s been cooked, waiting to be served, the more the sauce gets absorbed into the chicken. If this happens, turn on low heat, and pour in an additional splash of chicken broth to give it more sauce.
- The flour will thicken the sauce as it simmers. If you prefer not to use any flour at all, you may stir a little cornstarch (about 1 tsp.) into the sauce while it simmers.
Options of Sides to Serve it With…
Any side will taste even better when they soak up some of that delicious lemon sauce.
- Parmesan Truffle Oil Potato Wedges
- Oven-Baked Parsnip Fries
- Easy Mashed Cauliflower
- Oven-Fried Sweet Potatoes
- Angel Hair Pasta with Lemon Sauce
- Best Creamy Mashed Potatoes ( How to Make Mashed Potatoes)
Chicken Tenders Smothered in Lemon and Parsley is a delicious dish.
We bet you will enjoy our chicken recipe as much as we do.
Best of all, this recipe helps get dinner ready in less than 30 minutes, and one your family will love!
…Thanks for Pinning!
More Delicious Chicken Recipes…
- Chicken Pot Pie without Pie Crust
- Chicken with Dijon Wine Cream Sauce
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cutlets
- Chicken Thighs with Ginger Honey & Mustard
- Oven-Fried Chicken Fingers with Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- Chicken Thighs with Lemon Garlic & Thyme
- Chicken Cutlets with Garlicky Asparagus
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 2 pounds of boneless chicken tenders
- all-purpose flour ( or GF) - for dredging
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 2 lemons - juiced
- 3/4 cup freshly chopped Italian parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet and on low heat, heat olive oil, and butter.
- In the meantime, lightly season chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Using a small bowl, add some flour and begin to lightly dredge the chicken, coating both sides.
- Add chicken to the skillet, raise heat to medium, and brown the chicken, cooking for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Add capers, white wine, and cover. Simmer chicken tenders for about 2 to 3 minutes. Uncover, add vegetable broth, lemon juice, and fresh chopped parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and continue to simmer for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with additional chopped parsley over the entire dish and serve.
- Total Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
- Serves 4 to 6
If you prefer more lemon sauce, just add additional 1/4 cup of white wine and additional 1/2 lemon juiced.
Yield:4 to 6 servings
Serving Size:4 pieces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 16.4gCarbohydrates: 2.2gProtein: 11.7g
If you try our chicken tenders smothered in lemon and parsley, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating below! Sharing your insights and experience will help everyone who reads them.
And for more delicious chicken recipes, follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Don’t forget to sign up and enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes “FREE” every time we post!
Happy Cooking! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!