Oven-Baked Parsnip Fries are simple, delicious and make a perfect, healthy alternative from french fries. Trust me, these Parsnip Fries are baked with only 2 ingredients! They’re packed with so much flavor, no need to bring out the ketchup! And your kids will love them too!
Fresh parsnips are cut into 2-inch sticks and baked with olive oil and a blend of dried herbs, making this a delicious side, that is easy to make and wonderful to serve with some of your favorite dishes.
Parsnips are related to the carrot family and have a sweet taste. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Plus, each 1/2 cup serving is only about 55 calories, a win-win!
I try to get my family to eat more vegetables these days by making a variety of them for dinner. A few weeks ago, I roasted parsnips to make a Roasted Garlic, Parsnip & White Bean Soup, and my Lizzy suggested I try baking them as I would French fries.
Well, I have to tell you, this was my first time baking them as fries and my family loved them!
HOW TO MAKE THESE OVEN-BAKED PARSNIP FRIES:
First, give the parsnips a quick rinse in cold water, then gently peel the skin. Trim off the ends and cut into long sticks.
Next, scatter them onto a baking sheet, drizzle some olive oil and herbs over them and bake for 15 minutes. It’s that simple!
We used our favorite blend of herbs, “Herbs de Provence,” which comes conveniently in one bottle, making cooking a pleasure.
The blend of these herbs in one combination is what gives so much flavor to these parsnips; you won’t need to add any salt. But if you prefer to add some salt, go ahead, we won’t mind.
Oven-Baked Parsnip Fries are so good! Serve them as a side dish to any roast or poultry, your family will enjoy them as much as we do. We love eating them alone with out dipping them into ketchup, but the kids of course – will ask for the ketchup.
Try serving them with other toppings for different flavors such as a drizzle of Truffle oil and some grated Parmesan cheese on top, then watch them disappear!
Ok, you can PIN this one to your Awesome SIDE Dishes Board!!
Ingredients needed for Oven-Baked Parsnip Fries:
1 pound fresh parsnips (about 3 or 4)- peeled, cut into 2-inch sticks
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, and extra
1 Tbsp. dried Herbes de Provence
optional: ketchup, for dipping
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 pound fresh parsnips (about 3 or 4)- peeled, cut into 2-inch sticks
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, and extra
- 1 Tbsp. dried Herbes de Provence
- optional: ketchup, for dipping
- Preheat oven 400 degrees. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Scatter parsnips onto a baking pan. Then sprinkle with Herbs de Provence over them and toss the parsnips with a spatula or with your hands to blend evenly. And, spread the parsnips again in a single layer so they will bake evenly.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until they are golden and crispy. Remove and transfer to a serving dish. Serve them warm.
- Serves 3 to 4