OVEN Steak Fries – Restaurant Style
Oven Steak Fries-Restaurant Style are potato wedges, topped with a blend of herbs and olive oil, then baked in the oven until they are crispy golden brown. They are usually served with a steak, but my family loves eating them alone with some of their favorite dipping sauces. A great idea for finger-food on game-nights!
Serve these steak fries with your favorite dipping sauces like ranch, honey mustard, and ketchup and you’ll have your family and friends coming back for more!
Plus, these potatoes would go perfectly served as a side dish with our London Broil Steak Grilled, and our Perfect Filet Mignon Roast.
But honestly, they are great alone too.
Every time I make these tasty oven steak fries, everyone asks for the recipe. They are that good!
With an easy prep, you’ll be surprised how this recipe is effortless! It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to prepare and into the oven they go!
Best part? NO need to peel the potatoes!
You only need a good rinse, or even a good scrub with each potato before slicing it into wedges. Then sprinkle with a generous mixture of herbs, garlic powder, and olive oil over them and bake!
These oven steak fries are QUICK, EASY, and Full of Flavor, and not greasy either.
The idea of steak fries originally came from Steak Restaurants, who made these potato fries to serve them as a side dish to complement their steak dishes.
Cooks Notes and Tips:
If you need to guess how many potatoes you will need for a game night, or for dinner, it’s best to estimate one large potato per person or 2 medium-sized potatoes per person.
If you’re not totally sure, add an extra potato or two. It’s best to be safe and have a little extra, then run short.
And don’t worry, if you have any leftovers. You can add them to your morning scrambled eggs to make a delicious potato omelet for breakfast. YUM!
Serve them with a variety of condiments, for dipping! They are even more delicious dipped in heated marinara sauce.
Also, for a fun serving size, toss them into mugs lined with parchment paper. More fun for gatherings and game nights!
Try these Oven Steak Fries – Restaurant Style! Your family and friends will love them too!
They are a healthier version and fun-to-eat, no matter if you serve them as a side or as an appetizer!
Here’s a TASTY Tip:
Try an additional flavor for these Oven Steak Fries! Just before you serve them, sprinkle with some grated Parmesan cheese on top, and lightly drizzle with Truffle Oil, and you just made “Parmesan-Truffle Oil Steak Fries!!”
Ingredients for Oven Steak Fries – Restaurant Style:
5 to 6 baking potatoes, rinsed, paper towel dry
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 to 3 tsp. Herbs de Provence seasonings
2 Tbsp. olive oil – divided
1/2 tsp. salt
fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Drizzle olive oil, about 1 tablespoon on the bottom of a large roasting pan, and set aside.
3. On a cutting board, slice potatoes lengthwise in halves, then take each half and slice it into thirds, lengthwise. Scatter potato wedges in a single layer in the prepared roasting pan.
4. Sprinkle on top with salt, Herbs de Provence seasonings, and garlic powder.
Drizzle over them with the remaining olive oil on top. Add fresh cracked pepper to taste.
5. BAKE for 20 minutes, remove from oven and use kitchen tongs to flip over each slice one time. Continue to bake for another 15 -18 minutes. Remove and set aside for 2 minutes before serving.
6. Serve them warm, with your favorite dipping sauces, or serve them as a side with your favorite steak or rib-eye roast.
Yields: about 3 dozen
What To Serve These Steak Fries With …
Veal Piccata with Lemon and Capers.
The Perfect Filet Mignon Roast
Chicken with Dijon Wine Cream Sauce.
Grilled Lamb Chops with Garlic Lemon Wine and Herbs.
Best Salmon Piccata.
Parmesan Crusted Turkey Cutlets.
More Tasty Potato and other Veggie Recipes for Game-Grub!!
Everything Baked Potato Dip
Parmesan Truffle Oil Potato Wedges
Potato Skin Bites as Nachos
OVEN-Baked Parsnip Fries
Oven-Fried Sweet Potatoes
Yield: 3 dozen
OVEN Steak Fries - Restaurant Style
Oven Steak Fries! These are potatoes cut into wedges, topped with a blend of herbs and olive oil, then baked in the oven until they are crispy golden brown. Perfect side dish for steaks or serve as an appetizer on game night!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 5 to 6 baking potatoes, rinsed, paper towel dry
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Herbs de Provence seasonings
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil - divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil, about 1 tablespoon on the bottom of a large roasting pan and set aside.
- On a cutting board, slice potatoes lengthwise in halves, then take each half and slice it into thirds, lengthwise. Scatter potato wedges in a single layer in the prepared roasting pan.
- Sprinkle on top with salt, Herbs de Provence seasonings and garlic powder.
- Drizzle over them with the remaining olive oil on top. Add fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven, and use kitchen tongs to flip over each slice one time.
- Continue to bake for another 15 -18 minutes. Remove and set aside for a 2 minutes before serving.
- Serve them warm, with your favorite dipping sauces or serve them as a side with your favorite steak or rib-eye roast.
- Yields: about 3 dozen
After they’re done, arrange them closely together, and cover them with caramelized onions and shredded cheddar cheese. Return them to the oven until the cheese melts…..ENJOY!
Thank you, Tom! What a delicious idea. I know the boys in our family will enjoy the additional toppings. Thanks again.
Oh I love meaty French fries! If they’re skinny, I won’t even get them. Even with fish ‘n chips! Thanks!
LOL! I love the meaty fries too and totally agree Mimi! Thanks! 🙂
I love the idea of turning them into Truffle Steak Fries! These frites look wonderful, ladies and I am a real fan of skin-on fries.
It's funny Sue, I have been making these for years and never thought to post the recipe until now. So many recipes like this one, I have to get them posted on our blog. Thanks for your comment!
Thank you Gingi and welcome to our blog! So nice to meet you and look forward to hearing from you again.
Mmmmmm, this is one of my favorite things to make!!! Yours look so tasty! Thanks for sharing! <3 – http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com
Oh I LOVE steak fries – we will SO enjoy these!!
Mary, I make these all the time and never thought to post the recipe until now. Enjoy!
Hi Anna and Liz, these look wonderful and perfect for watching a game, love that you added Parmesan and my favorite truffle oil.
You're welcome Cheri! We love truffle oil and if we could we would probably add it on everything.. Enjoy the game this weekend!
This recipe would make my husband very happy! Something about crispy potatoes that are soft and steamy in the middle that brings joy to the table! Thank you very much for sharing!
Thank Tricia! I even made sweet potato steak fries and they turned out delicious as well, but they needed more baking time to get them crispy. Have a great weekend!