The Perfect Filet Mignon Roast is crusty on the outside, but also moist, juicy and tender on the inside and seasoned to perfection! The meat is so unbelievably moist, it’s like butter!
We gave this roast its full flavor by adding prosciutto, onions, and seasonings. But the secret to making a perfect roast is keeping water at the bottom of the pan while roasting in the oven.
When roasting, we highly recommend using a roasting rack with this recipe. This helps keep the roast super moist while cooking. It’s also the reason why it’s so tender.
Not everyone prefers poultry, turkey or even a glazed ham for the holidays.
Our family LOVES this Filet Mignon Roast on special occasions, and it’s a nice alternative.
This filet mignon roast will go perfectly with our EASY Garlic Mashed Potatoes and our Sweet Baby Peas with Onions and Capers!
Serve this roast as your main course with your favorite side dishes. And, don’t forget the wine! Definitely choose a red! …we prefer to pair it with a Chianti.
Enjoy this fantastic feast!
*Follow along below with our step-by-step directions, or jump down to the bottom of this post for our full recipe card.
Ingredients for Perfect Filet Mignon Roast:
6 pounds of Filet Mignon Roast
3 whole onions -sliced
7 to 10 slices of Prosciutto di Parma
4 cups of water
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper or fresh cracked pepper
extra-virgin olive oil
Directions to Make the Perfect Filet Mignon Roast:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large roasting pan with a roasting rack that fits most roasting pans, lay the slices of the prosciutto on the bottom of rack horizontally, overlapping slices. Place the Filet Mignon roast on top of prosciutto. Season the meat with salt, pepper and garlic powder generously.
3. Scatter sliced onions on top.
4. Pour about 4 cups of water in the bottom of the roasting pan, (under the roasting rack) just below the meat but not touching. Drizzle olive oil over the meat.
5. Cook for 20 minutes per pound, about 2 hours. Rotate the roast every half hour.
Remove from the rack, and place onto a cutting board, allow the roast to sit for 5 to 7 minutes before carving.
6. Carve into 1-inch slices. Remove the string, and transfer slices onto a serving platter. Serve immediately.
Serves 6 to 8
You might also enjoy these recipes too!
… Thanks for Pinning!
Are you cooking with us? If you try our recipe for the perfect filet mignon roast, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating below!
We’d love to see what you cook! 🙂
Plus, NEVER MISS our Recipes! …enter your email in our ” WEEKLY SUBSCRIBE BOX” and get them FREE every time we post a new recipe and reminders of some great older ones too!
Thanks for stopping by!
Anna and Liz
This post contains affiliate links.
* 2 Sisters Recipes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Amazon Associates is designed to provide a means for websites to earn commission fees by linking to amazon.com, with no extra cost to you! It helps pay for our web hosting and services for this blog. We truly appreciate and thank you for all your support!