Artichoke Hearts Sauteed with Baby Peas, Onions and Capers. Artichoke Hearts are easily sauteed in a skillet with Baby Peas, Onions and Capers. These artichoke hearts become delicately tender to every bite while the peas are sweet and delicious, making this side dish irresistible! Best of all, it’s ready under 30 minutes!
When cooking with artichoke hearts, it’s best to use fresh artichokes. Nowadays, I don’t have the time, nor the patience to clean them. Therefore, I like to use the frozen artichoke hearts for this recipe and to help speed up- of course, my cooking time.
Next month it will be almost a year since we started our recipe blog, and even though it’s been fun, the hardest part is trying to get the actual measurements to Moms recipes when she cooks.
She never measures anything, and yet she amazes us with how relaxed she is when cooking, and claims it’s due to years of experience. Maybe so, but nevertheless, it’s stressful to get accurate measurements.
Artichoke Hearts Sauteed with Baby Peas, Onions and Capers can be made easily on the stovetop. Plus, you can make ahead, and reheat before serving.
It’s a favorite in our family, and we hope you will enjoy it as well! This wonderful combo of vegetables goes perfectly with any entree. Try this recipe and let us know how it turns out!
Thanks for stopping by!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion -chopped
- 2 garlic cloves -sliced
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. capers
- 1 box (9 ounce) Frozen Artichoke Hearts- rinsed and drain
- 1 bag (16 ounce) Frozen Baby Sweet Peas - rinsed and drain
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley - chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- In a large deep skillet and on medium heat.
- Heat olive oil with butter on medium-low heat.
- Add chopped onion, garlic slices and crushed red pepper. Sauté for about 3 minutes, until the onions are softened. Add the frozen artichoke hearts and capers. Lower the heat and simmer for 3 minutes, or until the artichokes defrosted and have softened a little.
- Add the frozen peas, water, and chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with a lid and raise the heat.
- Bring to boil. Then lower the heat and simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes, until the water has almost been absorbed. Taste for salt and adjust if needed.
- Turn off heat and serve.
- Serves 6 - 8