An Italian favorite, these Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cutlets are crispy on the outside, tender, and juicy on the inside. So flavorful! The secret is our bread crumb mixture creates the perfect meal for a busy weeknight dinner.
What are Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cutlets?
- These are boneless thin, chicken cutlets dipped into an egg wash and coated with a flavorful bread crumb and cheese mixture.
- Then they are quickly shallow fried to a golden, crispy texture.
This recipe is similar to our delicious Parmesan Crusted Turkey Cutlets and our Filet of Flounder Cutlets, which everyone adores! So be sure to them out.
With our step-by-step photos and video, you’ll learn how to make these chicken cutlets in a matter of minutes.
It’s the perfect meal to serve your family! 😉
This is our mom’s recipe, and she uses the finest ingredients to make these chicken cutlets taste their best! ... and they are the best!
How to Make These Chicken Cutlets (1- Minute Video)
HOW TO MAKE PARMESAN-CRUSTED CHICKEN CUTLETS?
Learn how to make these parmesan-crusted chicken cutlets in just 5 easy steps!
For our recipe, you will need 6 simple ingredients, plus chicken cutlets to make them very flavorful.
- skinless chicken cutlets
- plain bread crumbs
- grated parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
- grated pecorino cheese
- light cream
How To Pound Cutlets?
Place a sheet of wax paper on your cutting board or granite counter. Place the chicken cutlets onto the wax paper. Then place another sheet of wax paper to cover the chicken. Use a meat tenderizer to pound each cutlet. Remove and discard the wax paper.
Directions to Make Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cutlets:
1. First, take out 3 breading pans, or three mixing bowls.
2. Next, prepare the bread crumb mixture in one pan and the egg mixture in another.
3. Take each chicken cutlet, one at a time and dip it into the egg mixture and allow the excess to drip off back into the bowl.
4. Then dip into the bread crumb mixture and lightly pad on both sides to coat evenly. Set each one onto a nearby plate.
5. Heat up the oil in a large skillet. When the oil is ready, gently place a few cutlets into the skillet.
Fry them for about 1 to 2 minutes per side, or longer if they are thicker. Drain on paper towels. (*full recipe card below!)
Questions and Answers…
1. Do We Need To Pound The Chicken Cutlets?
Well, that depends. If they don’t come already “thin” from supermarket packages, or from the butcher, then yes it’s best to pound them before dredging.
2. How To Tell When Oil Is Ready To Fry?
- Usually, shallow oil in a skillet will heat up pretty quickly, about 1 to 2 minutes on moderate heat.
- Make sure the oil is hot before you add the cutlets. It’s best to drop a few small crumbs into the pan. If it starts to sizzle, then the oil is hot and ready.
3. How Long Does It Take To Fry Cutlets?
- If the chicken cutlets are very thin, they will need about 1 to 2 minutes on both sides.
- If they are a little on the thicker side, they will need 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan, or it will cool down the oil in the pan.
4. Can We Make These GLUTEN-FREE?
Yes, you can! Use cornbread crumbs or any gluten-free bread crumbs you prefer.
5. What To Do With Leftover Bread Crumb Mixture?
- Most of the time, I place the leftover bread crumb mixture in a small container, label it, and keep it chilled.
- Then use it for another chicken cutlet dinner the following week.
6. What Sides To Serve?
Any of these side dishes will go well with our chicken cutlets:
- Easy Italian Tomato Salad
- Sweet Peas with Onions and Capers
- Oven Steak Fries – Restaurant Style
- Asparagus Au Gratin – Lightened!
- Oven-Fried Sweet Potatoes
… Now you can Save, Tag, or Pin it to your Dinner Board!
These Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cutlets are delicious!!
We bet your family will enjoy them as much as we do. Try them and let us know how they turned out.
Finally, additional delicious recipes for cutlets!
- Perfect Veal Cutlet Milanese
- Parmesan Crusted Turkey Cutlets
- Flounder Filet Cutlets with a Twist!
- Fried Pork Chops Milanese
- 1 to 1.5 pounds of boneless, thin chicken cutlets (about 7 to 10 cutlets)
- 2 large eggs - lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. half & half (or milk)
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. grated pecorino cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- Optional: 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 cup of canola or vegetable oil, for frying
- In a large (10 or 12-inch) non-stick skillet, pour the oil and leave it. Do not heat the oil, until all the cutlets have been prepared and ready to go. Then prepare a plate with two sheets of paper towels nearby.
Next, Prepare the Chicken Cutlets:
- Use three breading pans or two plates and one bow. One to use for the beaten eggs mixture, and the other for the bread crumb mixture.
- In the first pan, blend eggs with the milk. Set it aside.
- Next, in the second pan or bowl, use a fork (or spoon) to blend bread crumbs with both kinds of cheese, and parsley. If you prefer, you can stir in the garlic powder.
- Take each chicken cutlet, one at a time and dip it into the egg mixture and allow the excess to drip off back into the bowl. Then dip into the bread crumb mixture and lightly pad on both sides to coat evenly. Set them onto a nearby plate.
To Shallow Fry Chicken Cutlets:
- Turn on moderate heat under the skillet with oil. Wait one minute, and drop a few crumbs into the oil to see if the oil is hot and ready. When the crumb sizzles up, then the oil is ready.
- Place a few chicken cutlets into the skillet.
- Fry chicken cutlets on moderate heat for about 1 to 2 minutes per side, until they are golden brown in color. Remove and allow them to drain on paper towels nearby.
- Continue until all the cutlets are done. Keep in mind, that if some cutlets are thicker than others, they will need to fry for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then transfer to a serving platter and serve.
- Yields: 4 to 6 servings
See our Video or Photos in post!
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368Total Fat: 31.7gCarbohydrates: 14.5gFiber: .7gSugar: 1.5gProtein: 7.2g
That’s it friends!
Are you cooking or baking with us? If you make these delicious parmesan-crusted chicken cutlets, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating on our recipe card!
We’d love to hear from you.
Have fun and snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and leave a comment here and on Pinterest if you like. We’d love to see what you cook!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE! Please enter your email in our Subscribe Box and receive our recipes “FREE” every time we post and reminders of great older ones too!
Happy Cooking! 🙂
xo anna and liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!