Baked Nut-Crusted Chicken comes out crunchy, juicy, and delicious tasting every time! This easy chicken dinner is perfect for busy weeknights. Thin chicken cutlets are coated in olive oil, a mixture of nuts, seasonings, and parmesan cheese, and baked until golden brown. Plus, this gluten-free dish is paired with an easy-to-make honey-mustard sauce, bringing its flavor to a new level.
Reasons to Love Nut-Crusted Chicken Cutlets…
This recipe for nut-crusted chicken cutlets is practically effortless.
As little as 10 minutes to prep and then bake for about 20 to 30 minutes until they are golden brown.
The nut-crusted coating gives them their unique crunch, while it keeps the chicken moist and juicy inside.
These chicken cutlets are very filling and satisfying, and one piece per serving will suffice.
Our delicious honey-mustard sauce can be drizzled on top or served on the side for dipping. Either way …it’s delicious!
For this easy baked nut-crusted chicken recipe, you will need:
1. CHICKEN CUTLETS: one package, about 16 ounces (1 pound) of thin, skinless chicken cutlets.
2. OLIVE OIL: any good quality olive oil is preferred. I used 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil with this recipe.
3. MIXED NUTS: we prefer a mixture of “unsalted” nuts, so we can control the amount of salt in this dish. You will need about 1 +1/4 cups.
4. GRATED CHEESE: some grated parmesan cheese, about 1/3 cup is used to give additional flavor to the chicken.
5. SEASONINGS: some salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder are used to give flavor to the mixture of the nuts.
6. HERBS: some dried herbs, like parsley flakes always add additional flavor to the chicken.
7. HONEY-MUSTARD SAUCE: You will need some honey and any brown or yellow spicy mustard you have on hand, and the ratio is 2-1.
How To Make Our Baked Nut-Crusted Chicken?
There are only 4 easy steps to making our nut-crusted chicken:
(*Full Recipe Card Below!)
- Make the mixed nuts mixture. Chop the nuts, and stir in all the seasonings, cheese, and parsley. Next, pour the olive oil into a second bowl.
2. Dip each chicken cutlet into the olive oil, allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl. Then dip it into the mixed nut mixture, coating both sides until well coated.
3. Place each one onto a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper. Next, spoon some of the leftover olive oil over each cutlet. Optional: Then scatter with additional parmesan cheese on top.
4. Bake, uncovered in a preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. Flip them over and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes. Then serve with honey-mustard sauce.
- Keep in mind, that all ovens vary. So you will need to keep an eye on them while baking.
- Also, if you plan to make more than 1 pound of chicken cutlets, you will need to make an additional mixed-nuts mixture.
- Plus, you can use our recipe for chicken thighs and breasts. Just remember you will need more baking time.
Baked Nut-Crusted Chicken happens to be a delicious meal.
- This chicken dish has never tasted so good!
- A nice twist to regular chicken cutlets, only baked – not fried!
- It’s so easy to make and a great meal for the whole family.
Additional “Gluten-Free” Meals…
- 16 ounces (1 pound) package of thin chicken cutlets- rinsed, and drained
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 + 1/4 cups of unsalted mixed nuts
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra
- 1 Tbsp. of spicy mustard
- 2 Tbsp. of honey
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190C). Take a sheet of parchment paper and cover your baking sheet.
- Place mixed nuts into a food processor and finely chop. Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Stir in all the seasonings and parmesan cheese.
- In a second bowl, pour the olive oil. Next, one at a time, and generously dip each chicken cutlet in the olive oil, allowing it to drip excess off.
- Then dip each cutlet into the nut-cheese mixture, coating both sides until well coated.
- Transfer each nut-crusted cutlet onto the prepared baking sheet. Spoon over each cutlet with leftover olive oil. Then sprinkle over each one with additional grated parmesan cheese.
- Place it onto your center rack in the oven.
- Bake, uncovered for about 15 to 20 minutes, then with a spatula, flip them over and continue to bake for an additional 10 to 13 minutes.
- In the meantime, stir the honey and mustard in a small bowl.
- Remove the baked chicken, and transfer to a serving platter. Serve with some honey-mustard sauce on the side or drizzle on top.
- Yields: 4 servings
For additional honey-mustard sauce to serve on the side. Double the ingredients, stir, and serve.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 452Total Fat: 34.4gCarbohydrates: 8.4gFiber: 2.1gSugar: 1.7gProtein: 31.8g
Did you try our recipe? Let us know and leave a comment below. We love to hear from you!
Happy & Healthy Cooking! 🙂
thanks for stopping by…
xo anna and liz