Our 14 Favorite Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes are easy to make-ahead, freeze and thaw the day you serve. Desserts are the best part of the holiday! So why not give your family and friends something new for a change? Here are 14 “tried and true” recipes, including dairy-free, gluten-free, and even no-bake desserts. Get inspired, and maybe try something new!
14 Favorite Dessert Recipes for Thanksgiving…
Whether you’re a guest, or you are hosting Thanksgiving this year, here are a few of our favorite ideas for dessert recipes to try!
From scrumptious bars to cheesecakes and everything in between, we hope you’ll try one or maybe a few!
Make ahead and freeze! Then thaw the day before, or on Thanksgiving.
…and don’t forget to let us know which one you made – we’d love to hear from you!
- Holiday Cranberry Cheesecake (No-Bake!) … is a recipe that showcases two delightful flavors, a layer of our traditional favorite cheesecake topped with a layer of cranberry flavor. YUM! A showstopper dessert you can make ahead and chill!
2. Panna Cotta Pie with Lingonberries and Chocolate Ganache … is made with a creamy layer of panna cotta over a delicious layer of lingonberries jam inside, topped with a chocolate ganache. YUM!
A combination of classic panna cotta and cheesecake whipped together and set over a walnut graham crust and chilled. A luscious and delicious dessert to serve for any holiday or special occasion.
3. Silky Chocolate Cream Pie (No-Bake & Dairy-Free!) … is a thick, rich chocolate pie made with Tofu! It is dairy-free, plus, it can even be vegan, with a swap of vegan chocolate chips in this recipe.
Best part? It takes about 5 minutes to make this chocolate cream pie, then chills for a few hours before serving.
4. Eggnog Cheesecake with Candied Pecans … an interesting recipe where the warm spices give it the “flavor of eggnog” in it –but it doesn’t contain any eggnog whatsoever!
Served with an easy-to-make cranberry compote on the side and some whipped cream makes this an exceptional dessert to serve for the holiday.
5. Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream Pie! …who doesn’t LOVE ice cream?
Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream Pie is a frozen pie made with homemade pumpkin ice cream topped with a drizzle of caramel sauce and served over a ginger snap, brown sugar pie crust.
6. Pineapple Banana Spice Cake … is loaded with crushed pineapple, mashed bananas, and warm spices and topped with a simple vanilla frosting. Super moist, delicious tasting and so flavorful, everyone will ask for a second slice!
7. Gluten-Free French Chocolate Cake… has a moist, soft center, and is topped with a layer of luscious chocolate ganache. This is 5-star chocolate cake is a cross between a chocolate torte and a chocolate molten cake. Totally gluten-free!
8. Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Bars… the buttery crust also doubles as the topping. 🙂 Perfect!
Plus, the cream cheese layer is whipped with a few ingredients and poured over the buttery crust. Then it’s topped with the thin layer mixture of pumpkin spice puree. Very easy! Plus, make ahead, bake, and freeze!
9. Cheesecake Cranberry Bars … are easy and delicious bars to make! The tart flavor of cranberries paired with the sweet cream cheese, white chocolate chips, and oats makes these bars very crumbly berry delicious!
A simple recipe with a step-by-step tutorial. Make these 2-days ahead then cut and serve!
10. Easy No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake …is incredibly light and delicious with a silky-smooth texture. All you need is your blender to whip up the ingredients together, and this cheesecake is ready in 20 minutes. Make this ahead and chill! You won’t be disappointed!
11. Chocolate Cake with Cranberry Buttercream… is a moist chocolate layer cake topped with a luscious cranberry buttercream making this cake a show-stopper! It’s colorful, festive and most of all – delicious flavors combined!
12. Easiest Flourless Chocolate Cake…(+video) is made in one bowl with 3 whole eggs, chocolate chips, butter, sugar, cocoa and vanilla extract. Simple, easy and most decadent cake ever!
13. Easy Maple Walnut Apple Crisp… is loaded with rolled oats, cinnamon, walnuts, maple syrup, and honey crisp apples. Everyone LOVES an apple crisp, don’t you? .. Oh and, don’t forget to bring the tub of vanilla ice cream to serve it with… it’s the BEST!
14. Best No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake… has a decadent creamy mousse-like texture in two layers! A layer of vanilla flavor, topped with a subtle flavor of pumpkin creating the most mouthwatering pumpkin cheesecake ever! This recipe is a definite winner!
Our Favorite Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes are a favorite part of the holidays!
These are just a few! There are so many more desserts in our archives, and you can go in and take a look around and maybe you’ll find one you would like to try.
If you make any of our favorite Thanksgiving dessert recipes …come back and let us know and leave a comment and a star rating below. We’d love to hear from you!
- Holiday Cranberry Cheesecake (No-Bake!)
- Panna Cotta Pie with Lingonberries and Chocolate Ganache
- Silky Chocolate Cream Pie (No-Bake & Dairy-Free!)
- Eggnog Cheesecake with Candied Pecans
- Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream Pie
- Pineapple Banana Spice Cake
- Gluten-Free French Chocolate Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Bars
- Cheesecake Cranberry Bars
- Easy No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake with Cranberry Buttercream
- Easiest Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Maple Walnut Apple Crisp
- Best No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Choose your dessert recipe you prefer to make.
- Gather all the ingredients required in the recipe card.
- Follow the directions on the recipe card and chill, or freeze, or serve.
Additional Favorite Recipes…
- 10 Best Muffin Recipes
- 23+ Best Soup Recipes
- 11 Easy Chicken Skillet Dinners
- 14 Easy Ground Beef Recipes for Dinner
Or snap a photo and hashtag it, and tag us @2sistersrecipes. It’s fun to see what you make! 🙂
For more delicious ideas on our favorite Thanksgiving dessert recipes, follow us on Instagram and on Pinterest.
Also, NEVER MISS our Recipes! Subscribe to 2 Sisters Recipes and get all new recipes “FREE” and reminders of some great older ones too!
Have a delicious day!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
xo anna and liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!