Pineapple Banana Spice Cake is super moist and delicious, loaded with crushed pineapple, mashed bananas, and warm spices and topped with a simple frosting. With a melt-in-your-mouth quality and a luscious vanilla cream cheese frosting, this cake will have your guests asking for more!
You really can’t go wrong with this cake. It’s one of those desserts perfect for a family and friend’s gathering.
Perfect for an after-dinner party.
This recipe is adapted from our hummingbird cupcakes recipe. It’s amazingly easy and delicious to make it into a cake.
Each bite offers warm, spice flavors.
The frosting is also a simple recipe to whip up, making this cake ideally a favorite!
Why We LOVE this Pineapple Banana Spice Cake…
- This cake always brings a smile every time it is placed on the table.
- It is straight forth easy to make.
- The warm spices give this pineapple banana spice cake its underlying fall flavors and a pretty amber color.
- The frosting is made with only 4 ingredients, and it is included in the recipe card below.
- The cake’s subtle flavors work very well, balancing out the sweet pineapple and bananas – not too overpowering and not too sweet.
- It will last all week in the fridge and can be served chilled or at room temperature.
Ingredients for Pineapple Banana Spice Cake…
You will need these staple ingredients to make this cake:
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda, salt, and sugar
- some dark brown sugar
- cinnamon and nutmeg
- large eggs
- vegetable oil
- crushed pineapple
- vanilla extract
- 3 small bananas
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- cream cheese
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
Can we make this cake Gluten-Free?
Yes, you can. Use gluten-free all-purpose flour for baking. Keep in mind, all gluten-free flours vary, and may even change the texture of some recipes.
Can we add Nuts?
Yes, crushed walnuts or pecans would work great in this recipe. You may fold in 3/4 cup into the batter before you bake.
This Pineapple Banana Spice Cake will definitely receive rave reviews.
Your family and friends will love this cake. It’s different. Everyone who takes their first bite will ask you for the recipe.
Serve it chilled or at room temperature. Try it, it won’t disappoint!
More Tasty Cake Recipes!
- Bakery-Style Lemon Raspberry Cake
- Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake
- Eggnog Cheesecake with Candied Pecans
- Mocha Coffee Cake
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
- 3 cups (384 grams) of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) sugar
- 1 cup (213 grams) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 + 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (218 grams) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (450 grams) crushed pineapple (or 16-ounce can do not drain liquid)
- 1 + 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 + 3/4 cups ( 525 grams) of mashed bananas ( I used 3 small bananas)
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 4-ounces (120 grams) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup ( 57 grams) butter (1/2 of a stick), softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups (240 grams) of powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter generously (or spray) and flour a bundt cake pan. Set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (the first seven ingredients) in a large bowl. Add eggs and oil and stir or use a good whisk until the dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overbeat).
- Stir in pineapple, vanilla extract, and mashed bananas and stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared bundt cake pan.
- BAKE for 1 hour and 10 minutes. The toothpick should come out clean when the cake is made.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Flip the cake out onto a cake plate.
- Set the cake aside to cool completely before frosting.
Directions for Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a medium-size bowl, beat cream cheese with butter. Add in vanilla extract and beat again.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and beat on low speed until light and fluffy.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Frost the cake with a knife or spatula. Serve cake at room temperature, and refrigerate any remaining cake.
- Serves 12 to 14
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375Total Fat: 20.3gCarbohydrates: 45.3gFiber: 1.6gSugar: 22.1gProtein: 4.5g