Egg-less, Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake is moist and light as a feather! This is a dairy-free chocolate cake you won’t need to frost either. Best of all, no one will believe that is cake chocolate cake is totally dairy-free! Moist, melt in your mouth and chocolaty-licious!! This is one chocolate cake you have to put on your list to make!
One year ago today we started our blog and its truly amazing how we knew nothing about blogging and I mean literally nothing! And we still know nothing – well very little.. but we’re learning along the way. But throughout this amazing adventure, we have met some amazing people – you!
So I decided to post a cake to help celebrate! What else? Our favorite flavor – chocolate, I mean who doesn’t like chocolate cake? Right?
BUT, this is an AMA-ZING chocolate cake with a twist! An Egg-less, Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake that is so rich, so decadent, with depth of chocolate flavor and unbelievably moist, it doesn’t need any frosting at all -whats-so-EVER! ya!!
Since we made the NO Bake, Dairy-Free Chocolate Cream Pie, I thought how can I make a cake that is moist without the eggs and butter? Well, I knew how to use Tofu in place of the eggs and vegetable oil instead of butter.
It was figuring out how much of each to give me the texture I needed.
After a few batches (and a few flops) I found the right amount of ingredients I think is close to perfection ( well only to my standards – anyway). So I hope you enjoy this recipe too!
Also, we want to thank you for letting us into your kitchens and share recipes with you!
- 2 cups Cake Flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp.baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1+1/2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp. instant coffee
- ¾ cup Silken Tofu
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- cooking spray oil
- powdered sugar, as garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease generously with cooking spray and dust with flour or cocoa a 9 inch fluted Bundt pan. Set Bundt pan aside.
- In a large bowl, using a fork mix together the dry ingredients, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and sugar.
- In a measuring cup, mix one cup of water with 2 teaspoons of instant coffee. Or you can use one cup of brewed coffee, but it must be cooled.
- Add oil and cup of coffee to the dry mixture. With an electric hand mixer, beat on medium to high speed for about 1 minute.
- Add Tofu and vanilla extract and beat for about 2 minutes until you have smooth texture.
- Fold in Almond milk and beat on low speed for 1 minute.
- Pour into the prepared Bundt pan.
- BAKE in the middle of the oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before removing cake from pan, one to two hours. Remove cake and transfer to a plate. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Store cake covered at room temperature.
- Yields 8 to 10 slices